View Poll Results: Please be honest and do not attempt to skew poll results. Please only participate in

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I will comply with YE background security checks including submitting SSN.

11 11.22%
  • Yes, I will comply with YE background security checks but only if SSN requirment is removed.

10 10.20%
  • No, I will not comply unless the YE background security checks is drastically revised.

47 47.96%
  • No, I will never comply with any type of YE background security checks

30 30.61%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll -- Young Eagles Background Security Checks

Poll -- Young Eagles Background Security Checks

POST EDITED: Open to all EAA members, whether or not you have served in YE in the past.
    Last edited by Mark van Wyk; 01-25-2016 at 05:58 PM.

Thanks Mark for placing this poll. I was on that thought track as well. National needs to see some real numbers.
    jim
    PS: Like the edit !
    Last edited by Jim Heffelfinger; 01-25-2016 at 11:24 AM.

Mark, you keep focusing only on the SSN issue, that is only a small part of the overall problem.

The policies that were put into place are vague, unenforceable and cut the support from non-EAA members (i.e. spouses).

Are you going to create polls for all the other issues?

Quote Originally Posted by smutny View Post
    Mark, you keep focusing only on the SSN issue, that is only a small part of the overall problem.

The policies that were put into place are vague, unenforceable and cut the support from non-EAA members (i.e. spouses).

Are you going to create polls for all the other issues?
    I believe that would be covered -- as best as possible -- by the third choice. You would only participate if the program is drastically changed. But, it seem to me the debate about the "other issues" could go on forever. The big sticking point for many is the SSN.

Good thought Mark and I think you got the options right to capture useful info for HQ to evaluate, if they are interested.

Thanks for putting this up.

'Gimp
    Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right.

EAA Chapter 14, IAC Chapter 36

http://acrogimp.wordpress.com/

Still waiting for the EAA to answer two questions:

How do I unwedge my training / BG process (mine is stuck in pending)?
    An explanation of why I should trust 8F7.COM with my information when it is NOT the company that the EAA claims it is.

How is a foreign volunteer, (who may have travelled to the US specifically to volunteer at any of EAA's programs which will now require the SSN-based background check), supposed to comply?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark van Wyk View Post
    Please take the new poll ONLY if you are currently a YE volunteer or have served as a volunteer in the past.

And you are going to miss all the people that refuse to join the program due to this.
    1996 Quad City Challenger CWS w/503 - Sold
    1974 7ECA Citabria - Sold
    1986 Pitts S1S

Quote Originally Posted by ssmdive View Post
    And you are going to miss all the people that refuse to join the program due to this.
    Post Edited.
    You are correct. I have removed that stipulation. Hopefully, the poll will still show some useful results and data.
    Last edited by Mark van Wyk; 01-25-2016 at 05:31 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark van Wyk View Post
    Please take the new poll ONLY if you are currently a YE volunteer or have served as a volunteer in the past.
    Nonsense, absolute nonsense. I have never heard or met anyone on this forum who is so exclusionary in attitude and practice as you are.

First you call posters "quitters" (how dare you!) because they will no longer participate in YE because they will not abide by the security check as currently constituted. Then you tell posters whose opinions differ from yours(does free speech mean anything to you) to stop posting their views on the forum. Now you decide that only past or present YE volunteers can participate in a poll that you have constructed. If you want to be taken seriously in this or any other future debate you will immediately cease and desist from these fascist remarks and practises

Any EAA member can participate in your poll, regardless of participation in YE activities because any EAA policy impacts all members equally past, present and future and therefore all members can voice their views. Those that have not fallen off a building yet don't need the experience to know that it will hurt.

Now we all know that anyone can check off this poll and you wouldn't know if they were YE volunteers or not. But I would appreciate if you would voluntarily and formally revise the preamble by deleting the above quoted exclusion.

I invite, encourage and urge ALL members to take part in the poll and voice your opinion(even though the thread on the subject is well voiced and clearly states how the vast majority feels).