View Poll Results: Please be honest and do not attempt to skew poll results. Please only participate in

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I will comply with YE background security checks including submitting SSN.

11 11.22%
  • Yes, I will comply with YE background security checks but only if SSN requirment is removed.

10 10.20%
  • No, I will not comply unless the YE background security checks is drastically revised.

47 47.96%
  • No, I will never comply with any type of YE background security checks

30 30.61%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Poll -- Young Eagles Background Security Checks

Only 84 votes , 3236 views.[look at the numbers for the main thread] Tells me that a tiny number of members are doing all the viewing and sharing.

I was out of town for a week and a half -- wow. Still trying to catch up on this thread. As soon as I got to your post on the other thread of 27 January, I pooped right over to here. Maybe others don't know about it because it got drowned out by the background noise.

But yes, if you look at the recurring names on the thread -- like most threads in the forum -- it is a relatively small number of contributors.

Agree that there must be a better, simpler solution. But I have a sign I have at my desk, "No solutions without first identifying the problem." Therefore, until I understand what the real problem is, I will not propose a solution (other than saying that the current proposal seems unacceptable.)
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com

EAA Management: how close to the actual numbers is this poll? According Jack Pelton, about 30 percent EAA volunteers have complied with the new rules. This poll shows 20 percent have/will comply, about 50 percent will comply only if the program is drastically changed, and 30 percent will never comply with any Youth Protection/background check program. Of course, the poll is not scientific and possibly skewed.
    Can you give us numbers/percentages of how many have completed the check and training?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark van Wyk View Post
    EAA Management: how close to the actual numbers is this poll? According Jack Pelton, about 30 percent EAA volunteers have complied with the new rules. This poll shows 20 percent have/will comply, about 50 percent will comply only if the program is drastically changed, and 30 percent will never comply with any Youth Protection/background check program. Of course, the poll is not scientific and possibly skewed.
    Can you give us numbers/percentages of how many have completed the check and training?
    I, also, would probably be to embarrassed to respond.

February 11th we reported nearly 3,000 people have completed the training: https://www.eaa.org/en/eaa/eaa-news-...tection-policy

Thanks!
    Glory

Quote Originally Posted by Glory Aulik View Post
    February 11th we reported nearly 3,000 people have completed the training: https://www.eaa.org/en/eaa/eaa-news-...tection-policy

Thanks!
    Glory

How many flew/worked YE last year?
    1996 Quad City Challenger CWS w/503 - Sold
    1974 7ECA Citabria - Sold
    1986 Pitts S1S

As of 3-9-16 we had 3922 people take the training and background check. 2360 of those flew as YE pilots in the past two years, so are more than likely current pilots. 1562 people are probably a mix of YE coordinators, ground volunteers, AirVenture volunteers, and potentially pilots who are either new or have not flown in the past two years.

We have averaged around 5000 pilots in the program each year -- gaining and losing about 1000 each year with the total staying around that 5000 mark. So 2360 is nearing half of the typical pilot population for a typical year.

Rick Larsen (VP of member programs and communities) and I will be hosting a webinar on youth protection on Monday, March 14.