Thread: Need help ID'ing this canopy

Question Need help ID'ing this canopy

Hello. When my Grandfather passed away and we cleared out his estate, we found this old canopy. My Grandfather was an antique dealer and collector, so I'd guess that was how he came about having it. I know nothing else beyond that, so I am hoping to get some information on what it came from and what value, if any, it might have - as we'd like to sell it because it should go to someone who has interest in this field (and it can't left to rot away). Here is a link to the photo album - http://imgur.com/gallery/IbAvo

With the fiberglass frame, I would think it's off a homebuilt. Based on the measurements, it's off a two place, with side by side seating. It's a big bubble, but I don't recognize the shape. It could be from a modified homebuilt, like an early Zenair or a Diamant. Value??? It might make a nice wee greenhouse for someone...

I would post this on the Warbird forum. From the pictures it almost looks like Chafe tape instead of fiberglass. I would bet the tape would be placed between the Plexiglas and the metal frame.