Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sUAS v Ultralights v Registration v FAA

Quote Originally Posted by martymayes View Post
    My son registered his drone and there was no fee (He explained but I forgot the reason why). I'll follow up in 3 yrs if there is a fee for re-registration.
    Early registrations are 'free' for the first 3 years. After that it will be 5 dollars every three years.

This is nothing but govt over reach like they always do. They perceive a problem so the 'solution' is to regulate everyone including 10 year old kids.
    1996 Quad City Challenger CWS w/503 - Sold
    1974 7ECA Citabria - Sold
    1986 Pitts S1S

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    Then get congress to enact a law permitting it. There is enacted law carving out the AMA's exemption. The FAA in their typical "We don't give a damn about the law" fashion enacted a procedure they are specificly enjoined from doing.
    But, it's the Obama Administration's way. If Congress doesn't do what we want, then the King issues a decree, and "It is SO!".

Only if we stand for it...

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboyron View Post
    But, it's the Obama Administration's way. If Congress doesn't do what we want, then the King issues a decree, and "It is SO!".

Predates Obama. Pervasive and long standing attitude by the FAA.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboyron View Post

Who is this "we" you refer to? Was he not elected by the people, twice? You ought to keep politics out of this.

They perceive a problem so the 'solution' is to regulate everyone including 10 year old kids.
    Especially kids.

Quote Originally Posted by VFR-on-top View Post
    Who is this "we" you refer to? Was he not elected by the people, twice? You ought to keep politics out of this.

Especially kids.

Yes we all know the kids make all the money. They have it flowing out of their pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by 1600vw View Post
    Yes, we all know the kids make all the money. They have it flowing out of their pockets.
    Kids are the group most likely to fly a drone into my powered parachute causing my death and not face consequences. Adults, on the other hand, can be held liable for their recklessness.

Quote Originally Posted by VFR-on-top View Post
    Kids are the group most likely to fly a drone into my powered parachute causing my death and not face consequences. Adults, on the other hand, can be held liable for their recklessness.

I will believe that when I see it. Lets say a drone hits an airplane. The people flying the drone just pack up and leave. I know you are suppose to have your info somewhere on the drone. But who is to say they did not put their enemies info on that drone? This law is not enforceable. Not unless someone is going to check all paper work and ID's before they take flight. This law is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by 1600vw View Post
    [/B][/I]

I will believe that when I see it. Lets say a drone hits an airplane. The people flying the drone just pack up and leave. I know you are suppose to have your info somewhere on the drone. But who is to say they did not put their enemies info on that drone? This law is not enforceable. Not unless someone is going to check all paper work and ID's before they take flight. This law is a joke.
    Civil lawsuit. It worked for OJ's victims families.

You can bet if I see a drone flying anywhere near me, I'm going to grab my phone and start taking pictures of the ground. Savvy investigators and/or police will be able to find clues, especially if a death is involved. The first drone that brings down an aircraft will pretty much curtail use of drones by kids outside of "restricted areas."

So what I'm supposed to believe is parents have bought thousands of "drones" for their kids? Really? How did an RC plane become a drone? Just because some moron on a news show says "drone" because its dramatic doesn't make an RC plane a drone. They are not. There are some true drones available however, they're expensive and NOT the toys everybody is playing with. The media just played all of you again and allowed big brother to shaft everybody. Damn, think people, it isn't that hard!