Page 52 of 75 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Eagles and Background Security Checks

OK lets say we have a YE rally. Teacher/chaperon brings 15 kids from the local school. We have a couple pilots, the schools chaperon, one chapter volunteer and one volunteer doing the paperwork. Only the pilots have done the training. We don't have the two deep roving supervisors. Nor is the school personnel "qualified". Do we cancel?

Quote Originally Posted by combahee View Post
    OK lets say we have a YE rally. Teacher/chaperon brings 15 kids from the local school. We have a couple pilots, the schools chaperon, one chapter volunteer and one volunteer doing the paperwork. Only the pilots have done the training. We don't have the two deep roving supervisors. Nor is the school personnel "qualified". Do we cancel?
    Many times in the past, I would invite parents to bring their kids and other kids to fly them in my aircraft under the YE program. Once the new rules come into place, I am not in compliance? Many, many questions.
    Last edited by Rick Rademacher; 02-10-2016 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Rademacher View Post
    Many times in the past, I would invite parents to bring their kids and other kids to fly them in my aircraft under the YE program. Once the new rules come into place, I am not in compliance? Many, many questions.
    YES, you are in compliance if you have done the training and completed the background check. You're one pilot giving a YE ride or two. It is NOT an EAA or Chapter event.

Quote Originally Posted by djenders View Post
    Please, lets keep our conversation on topic and civil. We strive to keep things civil here and respect everyone.

Lets keep our rules in mind. http://eaaforums.org/misc.php?do=showrules
    Huh, funny, he attacks me and I tell him to not read my posts if they piss him off and you give me a talking to? Seems you can bash whomever you want as long as you support the EAA agenda.

He said: "Dang dude - you have made your thoughts very clear on this. Over and over and over. After the first few (hundred) times, you just make yourself look petty. Give it a rest!"

But that is just FINE?

I tell him: "Then stop reading if you don't like what you read. Simple huh?"

And you jump me?????
    Last edited by ssmdive; 02-10-2016 at 04:44 PM.
    1996 Quad City Challenger CWS w/503 - Sold
    1974 7ECA Citabria - Sold
    1986 Pitts S1S

ssmdive and others, This is just the beginning, Next will be threats of expulsion if something is done wrong at an event. The statement from djenders made up my mind to not only stop Fling YE but leave EAA altogether. Was a 23 year member.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by ssmdive View Post
    Huh, funny, he attacks me and I tell him to not read my posts if they piss him off and you give me a talking to? Seems you can bash whomever you want as long as you support the EAA agenda.

He said: "Dang dude - you have made your thoughts very clear on this. Over and over and over. After the first few (hundred) times, you just make yourself look petty. Give it a rest!"

But that is just FINE?

I tell him: "Then stop reading if you don't like what you read. Simple huh?"

And you jump me?????

Reminders of the rules are set in place for everyone on the forums, this includes both posts in this situation. In no way are we attacking any single contributor - there have been a few posts with foul play on this thread, which we've had to jump in and address previously.

The rules are set in place to ensure a positive experience for everyone and we ask for them to be followed, regardless of anyone's personal take on the topic.
    Last edited by Glory Aulik; 02-10-2016 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glory Aulik View Post
    Reminders of the rules are set in place for everyone on the forums, this includes both posts in this situation. In no way are we attacking any single contributor - there have been a few posts with foul play on this thread, which we've had to jump in and address previously.

The rules are set in place to ensure a positive experience for everyone and we ask for them to be followed, regardless of anyone's personal take on the topic.
    Yet you only seem to "jump in" and quote a poster that is not supportive of the EAA agenda. That sends a clear message of bias.

For reference see this post: http://eaaforums.org/showthread.php?...ll=1#post53259

A guy bashes people over and over... SILENCE. Someone jumps on him and the hammer came out.
    Last edited by Glory Aulik; 02-10-2016 at 05:16 PM.
    1986 Pitts S1S

This is the internet. If someone calls you a ****, or a @@@@, or a ####, the proper response is always the same.

“Begin each day by telling yourself: Today I shall be meeting with interference, ingratitude, insolence, disloyalty, ill-will, and selfishness – all of them due to the offenders’ ignorance of what is good or evil. But for my part I have long perceived the nature of good and its nobility, the nature of evil and its meanness, ... ,therefore none of those things can injure me, for nobody can implicate me in what is degrading."

This 2000-year old advice from the Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius still applies perfectly in the Internet age. (http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/2908...day-i-shall-be)

Quote Originally Posted by lutorm View Post
    This is the internet. If someone calls you a ****, or a @@@@, or a ####, the proper response is always the same.

“Begin each day by telling yourself: Today I shall be meeting with interference, ingratitude, insolence, disloyalty, ill-will, and selfishness – all of them due to the offenders’ ignorance of what is good or evil. But for my part I have long perceived the nature of good and its nobility, the nature of evil and its meanness, ... ,therefore none of those things can injure me, for nobody can implicate me in what is degrading."

This 2000-year old advice from the Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius still applies perfectly in the Internet age. (http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/2908...day-i-shall-be)

Oh I don't let the insults get to me. Just pointing out that if the person doing the insulting supports the EAA they don't seem to get a talking to... But if you are against something being done they jump on you for innocuous postings. For example a guy flat out talks about you - Nothing. You tell him to not read it if it bothers him... They pounce.

As for insults... People who mean nothing to me - Well their opinion of me means nothing to me.

But thanks, that was a great quote I had never read before.
    Last edited by ssmdive; 02-10-2016 at 05:44 PM.
    1986 Pitts S1S

Quote Originally Posted by ssmdive View Post
    Then stop reading if you don't like what you read. Simple huh?
    My apologies. I should have kept my thoughts to myself. Have a good evening.

Sorry mods...