Mark you just aren't getting it.
For some the SSN was a major stumbling block. However it isn't the only stumbling block. According to your own poll only 12.8% who answered the poll said that it was the major problem with the background check. 52% to again use your poll, still have problems with the background check without the SSN debacle!
It isn't just one thing, it is the WHOLE PROGRAM that is in shambles. As I have pointed out numerous times, every part needs scrapping. About the only part that I haven't seen any opposition to is the review of the video. Take that as you will.
Many of us have a real concern about this program. You don't fine, then do as you will. But don't think most or any of us are anti-EAA. That is a false assumption. Why do you think we belong to the EAA? The magazine? No it's because we believe in the core values and see the importance of the organization. Doesn't mean we will sit idylly by as something we are passionate about hemorrhages.
Finally Mark since you are such a passionate devotee of the program, how many kids did you fly last year? I couldn't find you on the 10 for 2015 or even the 10 for 2014 list. Do you even fly YE's?