Thread: Dual-Band ADS-B Receiver For $200 - New Kickstarter

Dual-Band ADS-B Receiver For $200 - New Kickstarter

Hello EAA Forums,

Yesterday I launched a Kickstarter campaign to bring a quick-build kit of the popular Stratux software to market. We're offering single and dual-band versions. The early bird price for the single-band (UAT) version is $150. The early bird for the dual-band is $200. Both versions include WAAS GPS. If you're at all interested in a cost-effective means of adding ADS-B in weather and traffic, please take a look:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...b-receiver-kit

The kit includes all the parts necessary to build a high-grade Stratux system. The software is pre-loaded so no computer is required. The components are all tested prior to shipping. The case is custom built to handle the heat and vibration of the cockpit. It typically takes about five minutes to assemble. We offer support ("builder assistance") to all customers.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Steve Sokol
    Open Flight Solutions

Thank you, Steve! Since this is a receiver, it doesn't interact with the system, so its installation doesn't need to be certified by an avionics shop, like and ADS-B OUT system does. yes?

Steve, I put in my info and CC# and hit the PLEDGE link and nothing happened...?

Steve,
    I will certainly donate to your cause! If it is still possible to get in on the early bird special I would like to do that as well. THANK YOU FOR TRYING TO BRING THIS TECHNOLOGY WITHIN REACH OF US COMMON FOLK.
    SINCERELY AND RESPECTFULLY,
    YELLOWHAMMER
    CLYDE OYLER

Thread was started 3 years ago, and you now can buy everything needed to build your dual-band Stratux from Amazon for under $135 -- a little more if you want it battery powered.

http://stratux.me/
    Measure twice, cut once...
    scratch head, shrug, shim to fit.

Flying an RV-12. I am building a Fisher Celebrity, slowly.

Or just buy it on line complete and ready to go for $200... $225 with a battery.