Thread: Emigh Trojan project

Emigh Trojan project

This would be a great restoration project for someone whole likes something different. No connection to me, just thought it was neat.

http://www.barnstormers.com/ad_detail.php?ID=1094272

Emigh Trojan A-6 Project 70%

EMIGH TROJAN A-6 PROJECT 70% • $12,500 • AVAILABLE FOR SALEEmigh Trojan A-6 Project. Roughly 70% complete. N8319H. Owner has passed on. 2 seat, New Paint, New interior, New plexiglass New Mags, tires, brakes, fuel system and much more. Continental C-85 engine. I will answer or get answers for any questions. I a fixinto get some better photos in the next few days. Thanks for looking., Sold AS IS, Where is. the Where is , is 5R2 in Ocean Springs Mississippi. Asking $12,500 OBO . 305-393-4715 Jim • Contact Jim Gibus, Friend of Owner - located Gulfport, MS USA • Telephone: 305-393-4715 . • Posted January 11, 2016 • Show all Ads posted by this AdvertiserRecommend This Ad to a FriendEmail AdvertiserSave to WatchlistReport This AdView Larger Pictures

Matthew Long, Editor
    cluttonfred.info
    A site for builders, owners and fans of Eric Clutton's FRED
    and other safe, simple, affordable homebuilt aircraft

This is one of those orphan designs that was so ugly, everyone found it cute, but not cute enough to shell out US$3300 for! They flew well, though their long, symetrical ailerons required some rudder to counter the adverse yaw. I wasn't aware of an A-6 model, only the A-2 and a helicopter, post war. Emigh designed some other birds before the war, too.

Yes, there is no A-6. Probably a typo by whoever posted the ad. It is an A-2 serial number 22 (lots of 2's). I'm sure someone will find it interesting enough to write a check.

Looks like there might be quite a lot of corrosion in the one wing. You would really have to love the design to want to take it on. The asking price might be way out of line depending on a good visual inspection.