Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Performers List

2016 Performers List

The performers have been confirmed for Oshkosh 2016!

http://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/eaa...e-oshkosh-2016

Hi Glory,
    I opened your post with some trepidation all those weeks ago, thinking you were going to announce 2016 flip-flopping sports planes in the flying display. Fortunately it turned out to be only a couple of hundred!
    But there have not been any updates on www.airventure.org for the past 7 weeks, even though several other participants (not necessarily flying) have been announced on WIX and on Fencecheck. When will we start to see more updates concerning aircraft participation please?
    Best wishes,
    Roger

Hello Glory, I am not sure that we will be attending this year! It seems that once you have seen 1 extra 300 fly doing the very same maneuvers and Gene Soucy fly his by-plane again which we have seen year after year it's not really worth it. In addition taking away the pavilion and having to decide if you want to go to the Life Members dinner or spend one day in the pavilion that 2500.00 donors get the stay in...... Well it just doesn't seem to be worth it. The only thing that makes it worth to me is being there with my dearest aviation friends and fellow pilots. Maybe EAA should go back to that thought instead of providing a pavilion for 1 time cash donors.
    V/r
    M.N. Wordell

Quote Originally Posted by MNWORD View Post
    Hello Glory, I am not sure that we will be attending this year! It seems that once you have seen 1 extra 300 fly doing the very same maneuvers and Gene Soucy fly his by-plane again which we have seen year after year it's not really worth it. In addition taking away the pavilion and having to decide if you want to go to the Life Members dinner or spend one day in the pavilion that 2500.00 donors get the stay in...... Well it just doesn't seem to be worth it. The only thing that makes it worth to me is being there with my dearest aviation friends and fellow pilots. Maybe EAA should go back to that thought instead of providing a pavilion for 1 time cash donors.
    V/r
    M.N. Wordell

Well said! Am I the only one who saw the irony that a thread wondering who was going to be giving a concert at AV was started prior to a thread regarding the actual airshow? Has anyone ever considered having a closed convention and an open airshow as separate events? Pandering to the actual membership base might be a good thing to try.

Jim Rosenow
    EAA 64315 1971-2015 (the membership, not me)

Same old, same old...

Can't gripe about the pavillion. Frankly, if it were up to me, such things wouldn't exist. They'd just put general admission grandstands in at show center and be done with it.

Some nice airshow additions each year, and you can whine but some people don't mind seeing Mike or Sean or Patty or Gene for the hundredth time. If you're bored the rest of the convention still operates during the airshow (showers are pretty empty during that, I've been known to take a nap if I'm not working crowd control). Frankly, I'd rather watch Goohlian again then things like the jet truck or jet powered biplanes or the completely stupid masters of destruction type acts.

Oshkosh is more than three hours in the afternoon for me anyhow.

I hate to be negative but I must poo poo the afternoon airshow. I would rather see interesting EAA aircraft than Gene Soucy for the 1000th time. Warbirds are great, minus the theatrics and reanactments. Jet trucks unless you are going to drop a bomb from the fore-mentioned warbirds, I could care less if I ever see them.
    And yes Ron I completely agree OSH is 99% cool stuff and should not be lost in the 3 hours of daily same old same old airshow.
    (1% that is not that great IS the 3 hours of airshow)
    Last edited by wyoranch; 03-07-2016 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Janssens View Post
    Hi Glory,
    I opened your post with some trepidation all those weeks ago, thinking you were going to announce 2016 flip-flopping sports planes in the flying display. Fortunately it turned out to be only a couple of hundred!
    But there have not been any updates on www.airventure.org for the past 7 weeks, even though several other participants (not necessarily flying) have been announced on WIX and on Fencecheck. When will we start to see more updates concerning aircraft participation please?
    Best wishes,
    Roger
    Hi Roger - I reached out to our director of air shows. He as assured me we will be announcing some new themes shortly, other than that, we will be sending out updates as new performers are added. In the mean time, if you are not already signed up to receive our email newsletter I suggest you do so! This is a great way to get updates on a regular basis: http://www.eaa.org/en/eaa/eaa-news-a...ine-newsletter

Quote Originally Posted by MNWORD View Post
    V/r
    M.N. Wordell
    M.N. Wordell - I'm sorry to hear you feel that way! Of course there are those staple crowd favorites that we keep bringing back, but I'm hoping we add something to the performer list that will interest you! Even so, I would have to agree with you at the best part about AirVenture is reconnecting with aviation friends and pilots. There's no point in missing out on that!
    Last edited by Glory Aulik; 03-07-2016 at 04:14 PM.

Byron J. Covey
    Quote Originally Posted by Glory Aulik View Post
    M.N. Wordell - I'm sorry to hear you feel that way! Of course there are those staple crowd favorites that we keep bringing back, but I'm hoping we add something to the performer list that will interest you!
    Glory:

I encourage you (EAA employees) to find a way to poll the membership. I think that you would be surprised at the number of members who would like a major overhaul in the use of the airspace. Those "staple crowd favorites" may be liked by the off-the-street attendees on Saturday and Sunday, but they are not an attraction for many of us. To the contrary, they are a detriment.

Give us organized fly-bys all day long during the week; save the hoopla for the general public that comes after we leave.

BJC

Quote Originally Posted by Byron J. Covey View Post
    Glory:

I encourage you (EAA employees) to find a way to poll the membership. I think that you would be surprised at the number of members who would like a major overhaul in the use of the airspace. Those "staple crowd favorites" may be liked by the off-the-street attendees on Saturday and Sunday, but they are not an attraction for many of us. To the contrary, they are a detriment.

Give us organized fly-bys all day long during the week; save the hoopla for the general public that comes after we leave.

BJC
    This is the absolute truth. I've hung around on Sunday before to catch the Antique Fly-by's, since that may be my only chance ever to see some of those types in the air. I'd much rather see that type of display take up a half hour three days a week, than watch any of the gyroscopic monoplane acts <again>.

That said, I believe EAA knows people like us will attend regardless of who appears in the airshow. EAA designs the airshow to draw attendance from the general public in Milwaukee, Madison, etc...