I've been away from flying for several years. I have always maintained my EAA & AOPA memberships, and my interest though.

I'm rekindling my airport bum self, and I recently joined a local airport pilot's association. They meet in a hanger inside the fence.

This set me to thinking. I'm a CCW permit holder in Florida, although i never carry. i do keep a weapon in my vehicle though and will be driving through the secure gate. This particular airport has very limited airline traffic, mostly GA. And there is a contract control tower on field.
I can also imagine wanting to bring it along sometimes if I get active in flying again that would be taking me to other airports too.
BUT
with all the new rules, TSA and otherwise
and the big fences surrounding the airports that didn't used to be there when i was flying...I'm a little confused about the secure or sterile areas on an airport and how all this fits.... GA and weapons and airports.

I've done some research but there's some grey areas it seems. I figured I can't be the only CCW pilot, so I figured I turn here and ask what you do.