Thread: first work weekend???

first work weekend???

Will the first work weekend be the last weekend in Aprill or ??
    Mothers day is the first weekend in May this year
    Just trying to get things in order for my group to come up to Oshkosh

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for reaching out. The weekends for Weekend Work Parties are:

May 14-15
    May 21-22
    June 4-5
    June 25-26
    July 9-10
    July 16-17

If you have any questions, please contact Theresa Meixensperger at tmeixensperger@eaa.org at 800-236-4800, ext. 4819. If none of those dates work for you, contact John Hopkins at EAA’s Kermit Weeks Hangar for further Weekend Work Party opportunities. Call 800-236-4800, ext. 4875, or e-mail John.

Thank you,

Michelle Farr
    HR Business Partner
    mfarr@eaa.org

I dare ask, what constitutes a work weekend? What kind of work are we talking about, and how are accommodations and other necessities handled?

We’re looking for people who would love the insider’s perspective as we prepare for EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2016.
    Spend a weekend day or two with us out and about on the grounds and you’ll not only get that insider’s view; you’ll get to know members from other EAA chapters and be part of the set up for AirVenture! Duties vary but can include carpentry, grass cutting, painting, gardening, general maintenance, and things we probably haven’t thought of yet. We have lots of projects and tasks to help prepare the grounds for AirVenture. All individuals and skill sets are welcomed.

Lodging, food and programming are provided to those that volunteer their time to help out. Last year some of the programs that we had were B-17 Aluminum Overcast Final Mission Presentation, Apollo 13 Presentation and the One Week Wonder presentation. We are still confirming programming for this year. If you are interested or have additional questions, please contact me at mfarr@eaa.org / 920-426-4863 or Theresa Meixensperger at tmeixensperger@eaa.org at 800-236-4800, ext. 4819.

Thanks!

Its a reason for some of my flying friends to get together before Airadventure
    We all fly bonanzas and one comes from California, two from Oklahoma, one from Ohio and sometimes one from Texas
    We have a great time running around the grounds and working on the signs located on buildings.
    Its also interesting to to see the grounds without thousands of people
    Its also a way of us giving back to EAA
    Try it--you won't be disappointed