Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pbr 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Switzer View Post
    I'm talking about the conditions that you can't get an SI for. If you could just go & fly with nothing but a drivers license you know some of those people would try.

I bet they do under SP. Again they gave nothing in this bill. Say what you want. Nothing about this bill is even close to SP, I thought this bill was to follow SP. I would fly SP and forget PP. Most are doing this anyway. JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Switzer View Post
    I'm talking about the conditions that you can't get an SI for. If you could just go & fly with nothing but a drivers license you know some of those people would try.
    Well, let's see... I know a guy who has a condition that he can't get an SI for, and yes, he flies regularly under Sport Pilot restrictions. He sees his doctors more often now than he did when he had a third class medical certificate, and is in fact in far better condition medically now than he was before. So yeah, you may not know it but you can indeed "just go fly with nothing but a driver's license", and yeah, a few thousand (nobody knows how many) of "those people" do. Every day. And we don't seem to be making any more crumpled balls of aluminum than before.

Huh. Weird.

Hay all, I just started a separate thread because the PBOR-2 has been incorporated into a bill that privatizes ATC and has some (limited?) user fees in it. Its H.B. 4441. The PBOR-2 is Section 417 of that bill. Its a big bill, 273 pages.

Pbr 2

Quote Originally Posted by S_Van View Post
    Hay all, I just started a separate thread because the PBOR-2 has been incorporated into a bill that privatizes ATC and has some (limited?) user fees in it. Its H.B. 4441. The PBOR-2 is Section 417 of that bill. Its a big bill, 273 pages.
    R.I.P. PBR 2 -Glad I can still fly LSA but I only have a single seat(Onex) so I cant take anyone with me. Would like to be able to fly a 150, 172 etc so I could take people for a ride once in a while. Special thanks to the House of Representatives for attaching the stand alone bill from the Senate to a House bill that had no chance of passing.

Loren
    N331EX

Quote Originally Posted by Onex33 View Post
    R.I.P. PBR 2 -Glad I can still fly LSA but I only have a single seat(Onex) so I cant take anyone with me. Would like to be able to fly a 150, 172 etc so I could take people for a ride once in a while. Special thanks to the House of Representatives for attaching the stand alone bill from the Senate to a House bill that had no chance of passing.

Loren
    N331EX
    Just because it was attached as a rider to a bill that died doesn't mean the bill can't still go through the house as a stand alone bill. Will they do it? That's the big question. Many of the "sponsors" only sign on for political expediency and won't actually provide support. I'm not holding my breath for this. AOPA and EAA seem to be off chasing other issues, so seem to be ignoring this one.

-Cub Builder

Quote Originally Posted by cub builder View Post
    Just because it was attached as a rider to a bill that died doesn't mean the bill can't still go through the house as a stand alone bill. Will they do it? That's the big question. Many of the "sponsors" only sign on for political expediency and won't actually provide support. I'm not holding my breath for this. AOPA and EAA seem to be off chasing other issues, so seem to be ignoring this one.

-Cub Builder
    I understand that but one could reasonably think that because Speaker Ryan is from Wisconsin he would know about EAA/Oshkosh/Air Venture even though he represents a different district in southern WI. One could also reasonably think that the EAA could at least get an audience with the Speaker and ask him to support PBR2. So if Speaker Ryan wanted it passed, all he would have to do is have it moved out of committee for a vote. I believe that is how it would work in a reasonable world of DC politics but it seems there is nothing reasonable about our dysfunctional government in today's environment.

Loren

As usual, EAA web pages do not keep up with the latest news on Third Class Medical Reform.
    The U.S. Senate introduced the FAA Reauthorization Act (S.2658) yesterday. This will provide funding for the FAA before the deadline of March 31.
    This bill contains Third Class Medical Reform text that was passed by the Senate last year. The bill is in committee mark up now and should be on the floor for a vote in a few days. Then the House of Representatives will either vote on the Senate bill, or come up with their own version with differences to be worked out in conference.
    Bottom line, we may have PBR 2 by the end of March!

Angry PBR2

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger37 View Post
    Bottom line, we may have PBR 2 by the end of March!
    I really do hope that you are right Gunslinger37 but I am not holding my breath. Whoever is against PBR2 is still hiding in the shadows and they still have some dirty tricks up their sleeve is my fear. Nice AA1 by the way.

Loren
    Onex33

PBR2 is alive and well. Fully contained in H.R. 636 (FAA Reauthorization) that passed the Senate today with a vote of 95 to 3. The three Senators that voted against the bill are; Barbara Boxer (D-CA), Mike Lee (R-UT) and Marco Rubio (R-FL). Now it is up to the House to vote on this, or something similar, and get it to the White House for signature.

Byron J. Covey
    Thank you for keeping us informed, Gunslinger.

BJC