Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Pbr 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
    It's an election year. PBOR will not be signed into law. Keep those membership dues and campaign donations coming in. Nor will it pass next year. Keep those membership dues and campaign donations coming in. Then it will be an election year again. Won't be signed into law. Keep those membership dues and campaign donations coming in. Yeah. I believe in the Tooth Fairy, too, his name is Richard Simmons................
    Someones panties is going to get into a bunch with talk like this. If you don't believe this will happen read some of my posts. No moderator will care either and will let you get attacked. Just read my posts. You will see this is indeed true.

I was told once, people treat you the way you allow them to treat you. The same goes for our government. My point, if you do not like what is happening do something about it. Be it write letters or run for office. But to do nothing is letting them treat you as they want and being passive about it.

Too easy for most people to bitch and do nothing.

Bill H.

Think about it. You can fret about your next or future flight physicals.

Or you can simply take the three minutes it takes to tell your two Senators to vote No to SA 4494 and 4495 to the NDAA S. 2943.

My personal opinion is that our representatives don't even read communications to them. Maybe the staff does....maybe! I remember writing to Sen. Kohl a few years ago about some issue and got a form letter back that had nothing to do with the issue I wrote about. So I wrote back saying "you must have an incompetent staff" described the issue and got the same form letter back. For politicians their number one job is to get reelected which is why I believe in term limits. Having said that the proposed third class medical change is totally based on common sense which most of them lack.
    If God had intended man to fly He would have given us more money!

Quote Originally Posted by L16 Pilot View Post
    Having said that the proposed third class medical change is totally based on common sense which most of them lack.
    Not only do most of them lack common sense, I believe it is actually against government policy.

Dave

Third time is a charm?

The Senate has passed the PBOR 2 for the third time. Today it was attached to the National Defense Authorization Act. Vote was 85-13. Now on to the House for a vote.

The Senate version of the National Defense Authorization Act seems to be in the lead as several Bill's make the way toward passing Third Class Medical Reform.

The Senate version of the NDAA has passed the full Senate and contains a version of PBOR2.

The House version of NDAA has passed the full House but is silent on PBOR2 and 3CMR.

Next stop, a joint Senate-House Conference to reconcile the two Bills.

Assuming that the PBOR2 sections remain after Conference ...there is no reason they shouldn't...PBOR2 has over 188 sponsors in the House, then the Conference version goes back to the full House and Senate for approval.

But this is where
    you can make a difference. Contact your Representative and tell them to "Keep the Senate's Title XXXIII (33) for General Aviation in the Conference version of the Defense Authoization Bill."

And then on to the President for signature (or Veto).

ted

Attached is the PBOR2 portion of the Senate's Defense Authorization Bill.

Ted
    Attached Images Attached Images

WOW, I wonder how many lawyers it took to draft that.

Bill L