Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What the heck is this???

I wish experimenter was available in print form. I get the Experimenter emails, and when I get around to trying to read the articles half the time they wont load, or they take forever to load, and I give up.

I haven't had this complaint Mike...interesting. We are hoping to move it to an online magazine or even PDF downloadable for reading on a mobile device offline. It won't go to print though...cost is way to high, and the success of this publication being online (almost 30,000 subscribers) means it will stay that way.
    Chad Jensen
    EAA #755575

Banned
    Amen, Frank; It's all about the money.

It gets worse. Mac Mclelland has apparently described Burt Rutan to his staff as a "failure".

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum...d.php?p=792874

Can I get my membership dues back?

Banned
    Apparently, the FLYING editorial arrogance is transferable.

You got that right propjock

Quote Originally Posted by Burtles View Post
    It gets worse. Mac Mclelland has apparently described Burt Rutan to his staff as a "failure". http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum...d.php?p=792874 Can I get my membership dues back?
    We're still trying to figure out where this came from...an "anonymous" person put this out on VAF on Monday night. All I can say is don't believe everything you read on the Internet...it's not what was said.
    Chad Jensen
    EAA #755575

To be fair, the TBM article is not all bad--if it had been just a two-pager celebrating Socata's 100-year history as the heir to Morane-Saulnier, with a sidebar on their latest and greatest creation, the TBM 850, I think none of us would be complaining. But a seven-page article on a multimillion dollar business aircraft--neither homebuilt, nor aerobatic, nor antique, nor warbird, nore even a general aviation type that mere mortals might rent on a weekend--has no place in an EAA publication titled and dedicated to "Sport Aviation." If this trend continues I think we will see a lot of negative reaction from the membership.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Jensen View Post
    We're still trying to figure out where this came from...an "anonymous" person put this out on VAF on Monday night. All I can say is don't believe everything you read on the Internet...it's not what was said.
    "I have no recollection of that, Senator" You're right I don't believe everything I read on the internet. SA has just become the midwest branch of FLYING; of and by and for millionaires.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Jensen View Post
    I haven't had this complaint Mike...interesting. We are hoping to move it to an online magazine or even PDF downloadable for reading on a mobile device offline. It won't go to print though...cost is way to high, and the success of this publication being online (almost 30,000 subscribers) means it will stay that way.
    Chad, for all I know it is Comcast's problem, but at any rate, the current setup for experimenter is totally un-useable for anyone who does not have a reliable high speed internet connection, which includes most anyone that lives in a rural area.