Thread: Camp Scholler site improvements

Sad Camp Scholler site improvements

I am curious to know how adding improved camp sites will affect those of up who camp in the regular sites without power. It seems that when this area is increased in size we have to get here earlier and earlier each year to be in the area we like. Is this going to be the case again? Does anyone know how many powered sites are being added?

I can't answer your questions, psvinny, but I see what you mean. I actually thought that all of the campsites East of Stits Rd were improved sites already, but by double-checking the map I see there is a large part that still is (or at least was) 'general camping'. Now I always camp West of Stits and North of Cottonwood, so I'm hoping that that area is safe from encroachment. Perhaps the new area(s) will be close to Ripple, I always see RV's there that could easily pretend to be Australian road trains! :-)

At the rate of expansion every year, wonder where the pool and condos will be erected.

Bill L

Quote Originally Posted by psvinny View Post
    I am curious to know how adding improved camp sites will affect those of up who camp in the regular sites without power. It seems that when this area is increased in size we have to get here earlier and earlier each year to be in the area we like. Is this going to be the case again? Does anyone know how many powered sites are being added?
    Actually, it seems we have to get there earlier every year anyway, whether anything else increases in size or not, just because everybody else comes earlier to get a better campsite. My thinking was that since the campers in the improved sites have electricity to recharge their scooters and carts overnight, they should have been put further west instead of in the prime areas. The first group of electric sites went in right in the area where my Dad and I had been camped for about 10 years so we had to move west. Unfortunately, that was about the time his health started to fail and he wasn't getting around as well. So I had to spend the following to years pushing him around the convention in a wheel chair.
    Dave

Lightbulb Have you tried the Y?

The YMCA just west of the airshow offers indoor tent camping every year to EAA members only. Cheap, clean, air conditioned, and full use of the facility. Just a thought.