Thread: Aeronca C3

Aeronca C3

Hi! I have been trying to find a kit or plans for an Aeronca C3. A friend showed me the plane on the internet.
    But I haven't found anyone that may have a kit or plans for this airplane. Very cool little plane. Oh yea. How do I put an avatar
    where my picture thing goes...?

Quote Originally Posted by chucky View Post
    Hi! I have been trying to find a kit or plans for an Aeronca C3. A friend showed me the plane on the internet.
    But I haven't found anyone that may have a kit or plans for this airplane. Very cool little plane. Oh yea. How do I put an avatar
    Hi Chucky,

http://eaaforums.org/faq.php?faq=vb3...atures_avatars - This link should help you solve your avatar question!

Best,

Glory

Geez, Glory, you could have told chucky where he could find C3 drawings, too. Oh well, I guess I will: try the Aeronca Museum and the few on this planet who have restored factory built C3's. Just do an internet search for Aeronca C3 drawings and follow the bread crumbs. You may want to consider mounting an HKS700E up front, instead of the original Aeronca E-113 two-banger.

If you have a head for math, get some scale model plans to study, and design your own version...only make it comfortable to sit in. That's what a gal in Texas, named Sabrina, did a few years back. She called it Manu-sima (or something similar). She had a Yahoo Group dedicated to it, but when Yahoo changed their format a little while ago, she became frustrated with it and closed the group, so I've lost contact with her. She put a 45HP 4AO84 engine up front.

Have fun with it!

Thank you Glory.

Thanks! I don't think "The Flying Bathtub would qualify as a FAR 103 plane, but is sure is cool. Been looking around a little but haven't found a complete set of drawings yet.
    My younger brother is a wiz at math and I have thought about enlarging an RC kit plan. Although getting the control belcranks and such proper ratio to operate with a stick instead of servos would be a head scratcher unless one could get the sizes from a plane about the Aeroncas size... Something to brainstorm about. The Sky Pup is similar but is a 2 axis plane. Really don't know how important the ailerons would be. Not being able to tilt the wing.
    Last edited by chucky; 11-11-2015 at 04:59 PM.

The Banty is similar to the Skypup, but it has ailerons, is all wood, and has folding wings. Do an internet search for it and you'll come up with lots of photos and maybe even a set of plans.

Quote Originally Posted by chucky View Post
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Stewart Headwind:

http://www.stewartaircraft.com/main.html

An oldie but a goodie!!! With the usual VW, it would be a bit heavy for Part 103, though...

Banty or Sky Pup for Part 103 plans ready to go with no changes, Steward Headwind for single-seat experimental, Smithsonian or another museum collection or the Aeronca owners club may have original C2 and C3 plans if you want to tackle a replica.
    Matthew Long, Editor
    cluttonfred.info
    A site for builders, owners and fans of Eric Clutton's FRED
    and other safe, simple, affordable homebuilt aircraft