Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EAA Finally Names CEO

Banned

EAA Finally Names CEO

....And he was in plain view for 3 years. Congrats Jack.

http://generalaviationnews.com/2015/...eo/#more-97972

Byron J. Covey
    Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    ....And he was in plain view for 3 years. Congrats Jack.

http://generalaviationnews.com/2015/...eo/#more-97972

Good selection.

But why do we read this in general aviation news rather than an announcement via email, or a posting here, directly from the EAA?

BJC

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Byron J. Covey View Post
    Good selection.

But why do we read this in general aviation news rather than an announcement via email, or a posting here, directly from the EAA?

BJC
    It's on the EAA website and we'll see it on the EAA electronic bulletin that goes out to members every 7-10 days or so.

Byron J. Covey
    It's on the EAA website and we'll see it on the EAA electronic bulletin that goes out to members every 7-10 days or so.
    My espectation is that, as a member of the organization, I be informed of significant changes in the organization a soon as possible. With the communication methods available today, having to go to the EAA web site and or wait 7-10 days for an email is not acceptable.

Forum moderator / EAA employee. Please pass this along to the new CEO.

Thanks,

BJC

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Byron J. Covey View Post
    My espectation is that, as a member of the organization, I be informed of significant changes in the organization a soon as possible. With the communication methods available today, having to go to the EAA web site and or wait 7-10 days for an email is not acceptable.

Forum moderator / EAA employee. Please pass this along to the new CEO.

Thanks,

BJC
    Hi Byron -

This was news was posted to our website simultaneously with the press release that went out Monday afternoon, and we shared it with our Facebook and Twitter audiences at the same time. Those are far and away our biggest and most-trafficked touchpoints, and

Our electronic newsletter, e-Hotline, goes out every Thursday (not every 7-10 days, sorry Floats! ) to recap the updates to our website that week and, obviously, the leadership update will be the top story tomorrow.

As far as sending a special email blast to our members, I'll pass that along, but I can tell you that those who want more email rather than less are in the minority.

In answer to your original question as to why Floats saw it on GA News before seeing it on our site is that he went to their website first.

Best,

Hal

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal Bryan View Post

In answer to your original question as to why Floats saw it on GA News before seeing it on our site is that he went to their website first.

Best,

Hal

Bingo! Are you living in my house somewhere?

Byron J. Covey
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal Bryan View Post
    Hi Byron -

This was news was posted to our website simultaneously with the press release that went out Monday afternoon, and we shared it with our Facebook and Twitter audiences at the same time. Those are far and away our biggest and most-trafficked touchpoints, and

Our electronic newsletter, e-Hotline, goes out every Thursday (not every 7-10 days, sorry Floats! ) to recap the updates to our website that week and, obviously, the leadership update will be the top story tomorrow.

As far as sending a special email blast to our members, I'll pass that along, but I can tell you that those who want more email rather than less are in the minority.

Best,

Hal
    Thank you Hal.

I do think that the vast majority of EAA members would appreciate an email from EAA when such significant events occur.

BJC

WOW, you guys get electronic bulletins from EAA ? Been a member for longer than I can remember and never got one of those.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skyfixer8 View Post
    WOW, you guys get electronic bulletins from EAA ? Been a member for longer than I can remember and never got one of those.
    Call member services to ensure they have your proper email address.

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Bingo! Are you living in my house somewhere?
    How better to keep an eye on you, my friend?

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation