Thread: Wright Brothers Banquet

Wright Brothers Banquet

I know I'm gonna take some flak here, But wondering who decides on the menus for this event ? I manage to go every year and recently after a conversation with some others who attend, got to wondering on the subject. #1, Airline stuffed chicken breast ? What is that ? Up here in the great white north, we like our chicken fried, or a breast served with baked potato or other veggie, maybe as chicken parmegian.
    #2, Marinated sirloin smothered with some sort of goat cheese sauce ? How about a steak (medium rare please) with some ketchup or A-! on the side, baked potato and some veggie on the side. #3, I guess the ravioli is a vegitarian dish. I like mine with meat, but won t go there. Will go one further, never been able to guess what veggies are in the salad or what that strange dressing was (sure wasn t ranch). I am sure, like I said before, some of the EAA culinary experts will give me some flak. Just wondering. I will attend again.

Bill L

WWOWE?

(What would Orville and Wilbur Eat? :-)

Ron "I like mine with lettuce and tomato, Heinz 57 and French fried potatoes" Wanttaja

Jimmy Wanttaja. I like it! Don Julio 1942 or Casa Noble?

Airline stuffed chicken breast has been lovingly pre-cooked in a small plastic bowl, stored in a chilled metal rack until it is re-warmed in a microwave oven. It is then left to cool back down to ambient temperature, after which it is served on a small tray to the diner.

The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

Thanks Frank, that explains why I have rarely had a hot meal at an EAA "banquet". Now if someone could identify the leaves and twigs I see in the salad, and what is that strange dressing ?

I'd love to, but at this time banquet crews will be coming down your aisle to collect all items in preparation for the "landing" of the event. We would also like to say that we know you had your choice of aviation advocacy groups and thank you for choosing EAA.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.