Thread: L-2M/DCO-65 S/N 5868 Former N57706

L-2M/DCO-65 S/N 5868 Former N57706

Found some 1940's paperwork and a logbook for the above L-2. If anyone knows of it's current whereabouts, I think the paperwork should return to it's airframe. Looks like it fell off FAA records some time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by smutny View Post
    Found some 1940's paperwork and a logbook for the above L-2. If anyone knows of it's current whereabouts, I think the paperwork should return to it's airframe. Looks like it fell off FAA records some time ago.
    Only one listing for N57706 in the FAA Deregistered Aircraft list, that was a Piper PA-36 removed in 2013.

Still on the deregistered list, there's a S/N 5868 listed, but it's a UC-78 (no date listed). Deregistered list did have N5505, Taylorcraft DCO-65, S/N 5866.

Didn't find it on the active registrations (which I'm sure you checked) but found another neighbor, Taylorcraft DCO-65 N57707, S/C 5877.

Ron Wanttaja

You might want to contact the Taylorcraft Foundation at http://taylorcraft.org/.

I figure it's either a long gone wreck, someone's restoration project or in a museum someplace. It went from the Army to Omaha till 1946 then bounced around the Seattle area. The documents I found end in 1951 at 864 hours with a lot of subsequent empty pages in the log.

Are there records of accidents back to the 1950's somewhere online?

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    You might want to contact the Taylorcraft Foundation at http://taylorcraft.org/.
    Posted an identical post there first.