Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello!

Hello!

Hello All!

My name is Glory Aulik and I am the social media and community manager here at EAA headquarters in Oshkosh.

My background in aviation is as an enthusiast and aspiring pilot. I have been attending AirVenture since I was a child and have found a passion for aviation through photography along with the comradery, and community, that The Spirit of Aviation brings. My newest endeavor has involved starting ground school with hopes of obtaining my private pilot’s certificate.

Feel free to reach out to me with any comments or concerns. I look forward to “meeting” all of you!

Cheers!

Glory

Welcome, Glory!
    Christopher Owens (EAA #808438, VAA #723276)
    Germantown, WI
    Bearhawk Plans #991, Bearhawk Patrol Plans #P313

Hello!

This being the Internet, let's just get it all out of the way.

1. You're doing it wrong.
    2. Some sort of comment that was meant to be well meaning but comes off as horribly sexist.
    3. Another comment that is so highly technical in the realm of IT that it is inscrutable to the vast majority of readers.

Seriously, though, the EAA social media is probably one of the most polite and friendly circles on the Internet, particularly these forums.

But you knew that as soon as you started flight training. There are two types of people in the world: pilots and everyone else.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

Banned
    At the onerous risk of falling into Frank's #2, I still have to say I really like your first name, very unique. Did your parents live at Walden Pond in the 60's or early 70's?

Welcome and all the best in your new role.

Hello Glory, Nice name! You will find many different reason to become a pilot, most are totally off of the ground! Good luck in your training, the sky awaits!
    C 172 Pilot
    Mike Sundstrom
    EAA 1019808

Welcome, Glory!

Are we to assume you're Hal's replacement, as he's gone on to bigger things?

If so, it's going to be a bit of a bother...we have to replace Hal's name with yours in all the EAA Forum songs, and the rhymes just aren't the same... :-)

Ron Wanttaja

Don't pay attention to any of this. We are all a bunch of curmudgeons who you really don't want to meet. Hal and Zach tolerated us and made futile attempts to keep us all civil.

But all that aside, welcome! Keep up a good sense of humor. Try not to take what we say seriously. For Ron: I think that "Glory" can fit real well in those songs. In fact, even better!!!

Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com

Thank you all for the humorous welcome! I have a feeling this may become the most interesting aspect of my job; especially the songs.

Welcome. So is Hal gone?
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org

I don't want to answer for them, but I see Hal's name in the current issue of Sport Aviation. Looks like he is striving to become a full fledged celebrity. He was also doing interviews on EAA Radio during OSH. My guess is he has moved on to another position