Thread: Kickstarter campaign to help get the B-29 "Doc" back in the air is about to launch!

Kickstarter campaign to help get the B-29 "Doc" back in the air is about to launch!

It has launched! Please join me in donating to this fine cause!

Link provided above is broken, so give one of these a try.

http://www.b-29doc.com/2015/09/30/30...light-testing/

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...gh-flight-test
    Last edited by krw920; 09-30-2015 at 07:59 AM.

I am very surprised at the lack of support for this project. Unless some minor miracle occurs, they will not meet their goal. Hope they have a good plan B.

I have supported this project. However, despite my initial enthusiasm, I feel it has fallen a little flat. I think somebody there saw the success of the CAF C-47 campaign and thought they could attempt the same. It hasn't seemed as well organized to me and the story isn't quite as appealing to the masses. There have been few, if any updates or follow-ups to keep people excited and spread the word. I feel that the success of the C-47 'That's All Brother' kickstart campaign was a great story (with a little sense of urgency to save the aircraft), fantastic research with frequent updates, it's wide appeal and some pretty cool swag options at reasonable donation levels. That project not only appealed to aviation buff's, but to history lovers in general and anyone who realized the connection to such an important single day in our nation's history. I think too, movies like Saving Private Ryan and the HBO Band of Brothers series inspired interest in the D-Day events to a whole new generation. I donated $300 to the C-47. For that I got an 8 x 10 print, a digital subscription to the CAF magazine, another 11 x 37 lithograph of the plane, a deck of cards, a hat, a brass D-Day 'Cricket' clicker, a certificate to fly on the aircraft once it's restored and my grandfather's name (A WWII veteran) engraved on the door of the aircraft. With this project at the $500 level for instance, you get a lapel pin and your name on a website somewhere. While it's certainly not about the 'stuff', people sure do like getting 'stuff', especially when they are donating. I hope they succeed, but I think they could have done better in my opinion.