Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EAA Membership Renewal Notice or Collection Agency?

Having memorized my membership number, I carry the card for those times I lock myself out of the house. It's usually good for one or two jimmies.

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel View Post
    Having memorized my membership number, I carry the card for those times I lock myself out of the house. It's usually good for one or two jimmies.
    Or to scrape the ice off your windshield

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Giger View Post
    I renewed my membership online a couple months ago and have dunned the membership department for my card a second year running. They'll get it to me and it's a really low item in my Things That Bug Me list, but still...
    Not sure what your renewal month is, but if it is July, be prepared to wait a bit for your card. With the number of memberships started in July due to AV, it is the busiest time of year for card production. Did you know all cards are produced in house by two staff members? That all card mailings are manually stuffed by volunteers and the two staff members, matching the card to the card holder, then stuffing in the mailer? A lot of work to be done during the busiest time of year for the print/mail center. You wouldn't believe the amount of AV materials that are produced there, from the parking passes, camper registration forms, parking receipts, and an whole host of other forms and passes, by a total staff of 3 permanent employees, and two summer interns, and host of volunteers.

Give the card people a break, they are working as fast as they can.

A different plane each year would be neat, but all are good. Maybe a Corsair, a Hellcat, a Super Cub, or a Schweizer (SP?) 2-22 (Red & white please).

As for the appearance of the envelopes etc, I find few things less important.

Plane landed upside down in the cornfield this weekend, no injuries. Perspective.

Oh, I had forgotten about Oshkosh's crush of casual memberships - which is great for the organization - mucking things up for us regular Joes! I was pretty gentle in my letter, so I don't think I caused any more stress.

Thanks for giving me the heads up on that.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

Hello All,

Just wanted to say thanks for the feedback, it's all welcome and helpful.

On the renewal notice itself, I can understand some of the resistance to it. We're in a bit of a tough spot there--we don't want to appear distasteful but we are also doing everything we can to ensure people remain members with EAA. During the various mailing tests we’ve conducted, the current format has seemed to perform the best, although again I can understand why it isn’t as appealing.

On the card art itself, the reason we ended up with the B-17 was primarily because it was the least offensive! When presented with many different card art options, there was no strong consensus on which plane makes sense to represent EAA and its members who share such a diverse range of aviation interests. By default the B-17 won!

It has been a while since we started going with the B-17 and we may be looking into some potential new designs. We’re not far enough along yet to give details, but stay tuned!

Thanks again,
    Eric
    Eric Cernjar, EAA # 1133654

Byron J. Covey
    Quote Originally Posted by Infidel View Post
    Several years ago, buying an admission into the annual convention and fly-in, gave them my membership number (5 digits) and was told that no such membership existed. After a couple minutes of discussion, added leading zeros to the number to satisfy the computer, and there it was. That has since been corrected in the software, but I still carry my card just in case there is a problem with the computer system.

BJC