Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EAA Membership Renewal Notice or Collection Agency?

Angry EAA Membership Renewal Notice or Collection Agency?

I wish EAA would not resort to making membership reminder notices look like collection agency letters with what you see below.

Name:  EAA_NOTICE.jpg
Views: 1066
Size:  58.1 KB
    Last edited by JNicol; 09-17-2015 at 04:41 PM.
    John Nicol
    EAA #835498

Byron J. Covey
    I wish that I could get a membership card with a homebuilt on it rather than a B-17.

BJC

I guess it doesn't concern me since I don't tend to get letters from collection agencies. Frankly, it looks like the junk mail spam I get for mortgage refinancing more than anything else (which I just toss anyway).

The EAA could save the money and not bother to send me such junk. I never open them. I don't carry my card either. I memorized my membership number long ago and there's only twice that I ever need it (once to register at Oshkosh and once to retrieve my Vintage swag for being a show plane).

That B-17 is registered in the Experimental category. You know, the E in EAA?

To the point of the string, the envelope succeeded in getting your attention. From the photo it looks like one of those "suspicious packages" that EOD teams respond to.
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com

Byron J. Covey
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhemxpc View Post
    That B-17 is registered in the Experimental category. You know, the E in EAA?.
    That is why I said "homebuilt."

BJC

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhemxpc View Post
    That B-17 is registered in the Experimental category.
    BZZZT! It's not experimental, it's in Limited category. N5017N.

Ron Wanttaja

I do agree about the B17. I am former military and always loved the B17 and have an awesome hawaiian shirt with the B17 on it.... (OK, it is awesome to me...not so much my wife). I am just not seeing the link to what we do when I see Aluminium Overcast on the card.

It would be good to see some variety with the images and have experimental aircraft on the design. I guess though it might be seen as free advertising for a particular manufacturer.... unless it was opened up as a competition for EAA members to decide what the following year image was going to be? Maybe as an alternative putting pioneer experimental aircraft on the card like the original Poberezny Baby Ace? Maybe for the next little while put up one of Paul's designs every year?
    John Nicol
    EAA #835498

I renewed my membership online a couple months ago and have dunned the membership department for my card a second year running. They'll get it to me and it's a really low item in my Things That Bug Me list, but still...
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

OK, I screwed up. It is "Limited" category. I agree with the suggestion of a different airplane every year. EAA represents a wide variety of airplanes that share the same spirit. Homebuilt/EAB, ultralight, vintage, warbird, aerobatics. Why not recognize each of those? Other organizations seem to be able to do that, why not us?

I still think I would send John's package to the bomb disposal unit.
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com

The image of a different classic homebuilt on the membership card every year might turn the cards into collectibles in a few years.

Don