Thread: XP-82 Update.....

Goggles XP-82 Update.....

Patiently waiting for tomorrow's newsletter and photos progress report from Tom Reilly and his outstanding crew
    restoring the rare-as-it-gets xp-82 #44-83887 back to flying condition.

http://xp-82twinmustangproject.blogs...p/home_17.html

I absolutely love reading the monthly report and looking over all the photos in great detail.
    The reports never seem to be long enough or have enough pictures!!!! lol
    I wish tom would have a live cam feed of the restoration building they are using, I would check in every day if they did! lol

- Hawkeye

Name:  rose.jpg
Views: 872
Size:  11.5 KB

Neat. I wish him the best and hope that the USAF doesn't decide that they still own it -- the way they did with the CAF F-82.
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com

I do know the story you are talking about. Not the USAFs finest hour IMO. That being said, both XP-82/F-82 current restoration projects, (the xp-82 #44-83887 being done by Tom as well as F-82E 46-256 being done by C & P Aviation out of Anoka, MN.) are both former Walter Soplata aircraft. So the custody and ownership of both have never been questioned.

Unfortunately C&P doesn't have a website up and running for F-82E 46-256 like Tom has for #44-83887, and the last information on that project that I can find is very dated. So I cant comment on the status of the F-82E.
    If anyone has news about C & P's F-82E progress please share it with us!
    Tom has stayed in contact with C & P, so maybe Tom is the source for the F-82 as well.

- Hawkeye