Is anyone out there in the Ocala Fl. area with experience in building Avid style wings? I recently purchased in partnership with my brother in-law a Ridge Runner 3 kit. the original owner of the kit lost his medical after starting the kit. He did not get far, just started work on the wings when he found out. I have some serious questions about his workmanship. Although the wing was a quick build, at least from the photos of the kit when it was opened, several of the ribs were separated from the front spar. The bond, it seems to me, was not prepped properly. The attachment of the ribs to the rear spar are solid and have a nice fillet (most of them).

Additionally, there is a ding (bang actually) in the left front spar that we did not notice during our pre-buy inspection. The ding is close to 50% deep of the wall thickness, (.065) it is .030. I believe this has to be replaced. No biggie for me but, I am not adverse to making this repair. I am hoping that there are some members out there with experience in this wing construction that can inspect and point out any other areas that need attention. I also hope they may shed some insight with me on my plan to reinforce the nose rib attachment by using a doubler on each side of the rib attachment point to give a larger bonding surface against this tubular spar.

Since I do not have factory support on this kit (I did not purchase from the mfr.) if there is anyone out there that lives in the Ocala Fl. area that may be able to help, please feel free to contact me. I could post photos but actually seeing it gives a more accurate idea of the problem.

Tom Hudgins
EAA 390795