Thread: Need run out, red tagged O-235, O-290, or O-320 case

Need run out, red tagged O-235, O-290, or O-320 case

I posted this down here under Homebuilers Corner but haven't gotten any leads. I thought maybe here would be better. I'm about ready to fabricate the engine mount for my O290D2 powered Wag 2+2. I would like to jig an engine case in place in front of the fuselage to get everything set just right for welding. My engine is complete, ready to run so I can't use what I have. I am looking for a red tagged, conical mount O235, O290 or O320 case that I can use for that purpose. I live in California so finding one out this way would be ideal to save some on shipping but will work around other locations. Does any one out there have a thrashed but intact case lying about they might be willing to part with? I've checked a couple of engine shops and asked my local chapter members (small chapter, no one currently building but me) but nothing yet. Let me know what you might have.

Thanks,
    Marty

Quote Originally Posted by Martyfeehan View Post
    I posted this down here under Homebuilers Corner but haven't gotten any leads. I thought maybe here would be better. I'm about ready to fabricate the engine mount for my O290D2 powered Wag 2+2. I would like to jig an engine case in place in front of the fuselage to get everything set just right for welding. My engine is complete, ready to run so I can't use what I have. I am looking for a red tagged, conical mount O235, O290 or O320 case that I can use for that purpose. I live in California so finding one out this way would be ideal to save some on shipping but will work around other locations. Does any one out there have a thrashed but intact case lying about they might be willing to part with? I've checked a couple of engine shops and asked my local chapter members (small chapter, no one currently building but me) but nothing yet. Let me know what you might have.

Thanks,
    Marty
    I have a conical mount O-235 in Norcal (Cloverdale). No logs and has been sitting in an engine stand for 15 years. No real idea of the condition.

You can email me at gaw.ebm@gmail.com if interested.
    Gary Welch