Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: AirVenture Webcams!

Quote Originally Posted by Fareed Guyot View Post
    Geoff et. Al,

While the tower does have some pretty expensive IT infrastructure, we are not using any of FAA wiring. The wondrous video is delivered by DSL line to Discovery World in Milwaukee, Wisconsin which does the heavy lifting as far as bandwidth. Thanks to Paul and DW for making it possible.
    So, to get live Audio to the Airshow Cam encoder, at the base of the tower, you have to get live, pre-encoded audio, from the EAA Radio Location, to the Video encoder in the base of the Tower -- and both have DSL connections to the Internet ? "Sounds" like there are plenty of options.
    Any chance we will see this happening later this week, or will it not be till next year. ?

It will not happen this year. Until this evolves into an actual television it will be difficult to provide syncing of the audio. We are talking about 6 square miles of airport that is not as networked as you think. Thats one of the reasons why DSL is in play. EAA Radio is 1000 feet away from the tower and the only way to provide audio is over the web. The Winnebago County and the FAA were already very generous in allowing EAA to install limited infrastructure to bring you these pictures. If there are folks out there that can donate time, expertise, equipment we would welcome your help. In the meantime thank you for your comments. Enjoy the show!

Let me know what you need!!! I would like to give back, you folks have done an amazing job with all of this!!!
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by wyoranch View Post
    Let me know what you need!!! I would like to give back, you folks have done an amazing job with all of this!!!
    Ditto... especially any technical help. (PM or Email me)

( and thank you "The Winnebago County and the FAA" )

Geoff
    Last edited by FSMP; 07-26-2011 at 01:45 PM.

Must I be a EAA member to view the live web cams. I have tried to find them following many of
    the posts here and can not find a link or any button available to me.
    Sure would be nice if the live stuff was available to the general public. Could get more people
    interested in what's going on.
    Thanks for any guidance, Jerry

The cams are available to members only because it is through our membership support that these cams are possible. This is a small way of thanking members for their dedication to EAA.

Quote Originally Posted by Fareed Guyot View Post
    It will not happen this year. Until this evolves into an actual television it will be difficult to provide syncing of the audio. We are talking about 6 square miles of airport that is not as networked as you think. Thats one of the reasons why DSL is in play. EAA Radio is 1000 feet away from the tower and the only way to provide audio is over the web. The Winnebago County and the FAA were already very generous in allowing EAA to install limited infrastructure to bring you these pictures. If there are folks out there that can donate time, expertise, equipment we would welcome your help. In the meantime thank you for your comments. Enjoy the show!
    I was able to get the webcams and the airshow cam the first try with my windows XP [with crank on the side.--sometimes I have to hand-prop it] I can live with the live audio and the delayed video. It gives me something to look for. My difficulty as a 20 yr continuous attendee of AirVenture [going Thurs-Sun in 2011] is that the person running the camera should know something about how the EAA airshow runs. Better yet, they should listen to Air Boss for what is coming next[ or have someone with experience direct them to what is coming next. Too many times on Tuesday the camera was off looking at nothing at the Rwy 36 end when the action was at the 18 end. Then there was lots of sky when the planes were on the deck. I am grateful for volunteers. I also that EAA always strives to present the very best.

Quote Originally Posted by today724 View Post
    7-24-11, I'm watch the view from the webcam tower facing East across Rny 18/36 and in the background it appears to be a large number of military vehicles that are parked rows deep over there, is this true ..? Cam is not that clear. Would these be the returning vehicles from Iraq..? Or the going into "harm's way" military vehicles..? Just curious. BTW great webcam scanning the grounds...!
    I agree with Paul's post on Oshkosh Trucks. They have been pumping out variations of those trucks since before Gulf War I. They park the trucks there to keep people as far away as they can. You don't see full Blue Angel or Thunderbird airshows because EAA can't get the 5 mile clear circle around the airport. The houses and buildings are just too close to the runway.

Thanks for the web cams, missing first Airventure since 2004, that hurts, but this really is helping.

Watching the airshow right, it is great, but not getting sound, but that's OK.

One suggestion to the camera man is to show some more wide shots of the stunts. OK to zoom in close some, but feel I can see the action better with more wide shots.

Thanks, Bruce King

PS:For those who miss anything, a re-broadcast of the air show and Theater in the Woods would be real nice.

We'll consider rebroadcasts for next year..however all of this bandwidth is donated. Regarding camera angles, the operator is also gathering shots for later productions so while we are offering a look-in to the airshow we do need to get our angles for the videos you are used to seeing all year. Thus we would only have limited storage to hold 3-plus hours of video.