Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: AirVenture Webcams!

7-25-11, Tks for the reply RE: The "Military Vehicle's" parked across 18/36. Great to see the results of some employment new's.

Quote Originally Posted by FSMP View Post
    Works fine here on Windows XP ( same as last year )

Does EAA Radio have a webcam this year ?
    Last year they did, and it was cool to "watch" some of the live Interviews.

Looking forward to the "Airshow Cam" --( with sound I hope )

Good Job... wish I could be there, but webcam ( in the A/C ) is a fair substitute.

Geoff

VIRTUAL OSHKOSH 2011 -- http://fs-mp.com/oshkosh
    I'll answer my own question, since I found the answer myself.

YES.

On Justin TV

http://www.justin.tv/eaaradio

ADs are PITA, but its better than nothing. ( Google Justin.tv ads -- {wink} )

Geoff

The new air show cam is fantastic!

Agreed!! And EAA Radio carrying the coinciding (almost ) airshow announcing makes it really grand!

Love the cams,almost as good as being there!!!! but can we PLEASE, PLEASE,PLEASE work on getting the video and audio sync'd up.

The audio needs to be on the Aishow cam feed, so that it is in Sync. The Eaa radio audio only feed encodes a lot faster, so is way ahead of the Airshow video webcam feed.

I thought I heard audio on the Airshow cam before the airshow started, but it stopped just before 3:30 when teh show started. ( 1st day tech difficulties ? )

Great Job. That Aisrhow cam must have a massive ZOOM lens !!!

Geoff

the video was shot on the tower by Tim and his big fancy camera, video over cat5 connection all the way to the base and streamed from the telcom room. At this time there is no way to get undelayed audio to the encoder in the FAA Tower.....

in case you were wondering we were streaming about 500 connections, about 210Mbps off our server all afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Hayden View Post
    . At this time there is no way to get undelayed audio to the encoder in the FAA Tower.....
    Its ironic, that in these days of High Quality video, it is typically the associated audio that has the issues.

However, I am sure you will come up with one of many workable soutions -- if not this year, maybe in time for 2012.

Got to wonder what Internet Connectivity Bandwidth, that New Multi-Millon Dollar FAA Tower has

Geoff

Is the Theater in the Woods webcam up? Nothing on Linux/Firefox, Win7/Firefox, and Win7/IE9. It streams black. The plugin is loaded. The other Airventure webcams work, on the same site. Thanks. (There is a program in progress. The audio is on EAA radio.)
    Last edited by Walter Harris; 07-25-2011 at 08:18 PM.

Geoff et. Al,

While the tower does have some pretty expensive IT infrastructure, we are not using any of FAA wiring. The wondrous video is delivered by DSL line to Discovery World in Milwaukee, Wisconsin which does the heavy lifting as far as bandwidth. Thanks to Paul and DW for making it possible.