Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: AirVenture Webcams!

when people are having issues its difficult to help without the following information...

Operating System:
    Web Browser and Version:
    Windows Media Plugins:

Mac, iPad, iPhone?

Ian,

I'm going to repost here what I just posted over on the "Field Cams" thread, instead of re-typing the whole thing again. This applies to a Mac. I've had no success viewing the cams on either an iPhone or an iPad. iOs is a different breed altogether than is OS, as you well know. And whereas OS requires QuickTime Player and Flip4Mac to view the cams, iOS has no such animals. Anyway, hope the following helps a little.

"I'm on an iMac (OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8) and I'm watching the cams using either Firefox version 5.0.1 and Flip4Mac version 2.3.8.1 plus QuickTime Player version 10.0, or Safari version 5.05 and Flip4Mac version 2.3.8.1 plus QuickTime Player version 10.0. Either of these combinations will work.

However, I will caution anybody on a Mac regarding the new Safari version 5.1, that apparently there is some problem (translated CONFLICT) with the newest Safari version (5.1) and Flip4Mac. I jumped the gun and downloaded and installed the new Safari yesterday, and suddenly the Safari/Flip4Mac/QuickTime Player no longer worked. Fortunately for me, I regularly clone my hard drive on a USB drive and still had the old version of Safari there, so I was able to re-clone my main drive from that drive and once again have the older version of Safari on my main drive. I was not able to remove the new Safari and re-install an older version on my main drive, thus I had to do the re-clone thingie.

Now I'm back to where I was yesterday before updating to the new Safari with a choice of either Safari or Firefox."

No special computer here either and they work for me. Hope everyone can get it figured out.

Goggles

Works fine here on Windows XP ( same as last year )

Does EAA Radio have a webcam this year ?
    Last year they did, and it was cool to "watch" some of the live Interviews.

Looking forward to the "Airshow Cam" --( with sound I hope )

Good Job... wish I could be there, but webcam ( in the A/C ) is a fair substitute.

Geoff

VIRTUAL OSHKOSH 2011 -- http://fs-mp.com/oshkosh

Win 7 Home premium
    IE 9.08

When trying to access webcams, I keep getting sent to Oshkosh365 page, then told to log off and log back in. When I do, I keep getting the same message in the members only tab. Won't go into the page, and none of the links to anything but the signup work. It just keeps repeating.

I'm done trying! I'm just gonna have to come down there and see it for myself!
    (Actually Monday)

EAA's "evil" scheme works again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Steber View Post
    I'm done trying! I'm just gonna have to come down there and see it for myself!
    (Actually Monday)
    I plan on arriving Wed, but would have enjoyed watching some of the arrivals.

Quote Originally Posted by Don H View Post
    Win 7 Home premium
    IE 9.08

When trying to access webcams, I keep getting sent to Oshkosh365 page, then told to log off and log back in. When I do, I keep getting the same message in the members only tab. Won't go into the page, and none of the links to anything but the signup work. It just keeps repeating.
    Tried again today, no joy. Just keeps getting this notice, over and over and over.

The resources below are only accessible to EAA Members.

NOTE: If you are logged in as an EAA member and can't access these links (and see the "Join Now" button above) please manually log out using the link at the upper right and then log back in.