Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: AirVenture Webcams!

Yes, be sure to let us know when the Media Screaming team gets things up and running

Thank would be great Hal. I used to log on and watch what was going on in the museum and the grounds year round. The ski fly-in was always cool to watch! Getting them back would be very much appreciated.

Dave

Those have been largely inoperative for the last couple of years, mostly due to bandwidth constraints and out-of-date software. I'm going to push for those to get relaunched this fall, after you-know-what.

Any news on the towers and webcams yet? Waiting for Airventure I am like a little kid waiting for Christmas.

I was there last Thursday and the towers were not yet up.

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    The latest I heard was that the towers were slated to go up this Friday, which would mean the cams would go live as early as early next week, but that is subject to all kinds of change.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

I will be watching the webcams when they go up this week

Last year Paul Hayden and Todd Ritzman ran a thread to discuss testing and tech issues. Does anyone know if that will happen again ths year? It seemed to work fairly slick.

Quote Originally Posted by dmbleess View Post
    Last year Paul Hayden and Todd Ritzman ran a thread to discuss testing and tech issues. Does anyone know if that will happen again ths year? It seemed to work fairly slick.
    Yes, we will start a new thread for the webcams again this year. It has been very beneficial to us to see you input when issues to come up.

All the way finding tower cameras have been installed and the towers were raised last Friday. Initial testing of the connections are in progress and hopefully they can go live latter this week.

We are looking forward to another great year.

Todd

So...after 30 minutes I'm finally registered. Says my member number is in use. Yes, it has been since 1977...Now....how do I find the web cams which is what I wanted in the first place. If I may say so, this registration/re-registration isn't working so well.

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Hi Ann -

The webcams aren't live yet - we're hoping to have everything up and running by the end of this week. When we do, you'll find them at airventure.org/webcams, and there will be no need to login to get access to them. Speaking of logging in, if you're still having trouble, send an email to membership@eaa.org - the error message you reported just means that you registered already, and there's no need (or ability) to register more than once. If you don't remember the username you chose, again, just send an email to our membership department and they'll help you out.

Thanks -

Hal

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation