Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: AirVenture Webcams!

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar

AirVenture Webcams!

In case you haven't heard ...

The webcams page is up and running in the EAA Members section of Oshkosh365!

Comments? Questions? Just saw something spectacular? Ideas for next time?

Post 'em here!

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Great timing, Hal... The "Central Wayfinding Tower Cam" (near the Vintage area) is down - this is known and they're working on it.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

and now back up...

I give up! Where are the web cams in '365? Are they (and the link) turned off at night?

The link Hal posted in the first post of this thread will take you right to the camera selection page. Or go to airventure.org/live to see links for all live media.

little bit of troubleshooting help.

Make sure you have the current version of the Windows Media plug-in for your browser. I have personally tested it on Microsoft Internet Explorer and Firefox.
    Firefox will require a plug-in they have an help page http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/...n with Firefox

I installed this plug-in for Firefox on my PC and had no problems viewing the streams.
    http://www.interoperabilitybridges.c...lugin-download

If all else fails, use Internet Explorer.

Also take note of any little pop-ups that would indicate a plugin is being blocked or waiting for a response to load.
    Last edited by Paul Hayden; 07-22-2011 at 05:54 PM.

Are they up and running? All I get is the controls and a white screen. I have the same computer as last year. Worked then.

AirVenture Webcams

One word: the site is impossible for most users. I'm astounded I got a "reply to thread" as usually I just get the green circle. Now to figure out the right plug in..... My computer does Everything else in the world it seems, but won't do these web cams. I'll just look at the beautiful San Antonio web cams instead. Maybe they don't actually want us to see them?

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Hi all, i have a brand new computer with all the latest updates (windows 7, ie, media player etc) ive installed every video plugin i can think of and i still cant get these webcams to come up! BTW im departing Melbourne Australia tomorrow morning for AV11, just wanted to see some of what was already going on???

Hrm, sorry to hear you guys are having problems. I'm on a laptop using xp and Internet Explorer. Nothing fancy, and they're working OK for me.