Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: AirVenture Webcams!

Paul my appologies, I should have addressed both Todd and yourself as well as Fareed. To all of you... GREAT JOB!!!
    Rick

From what I read most everyone appreciates what is being provided and the work done by those to make it happen. I personally have enjoyed "looking in" on what is happening. At the start of this thread Hal clearly asked people to comment on the webcam's and make suggestions on what could be done differently for the future and hopefully some of the comments to date will provide some ideas going forward. I certainly do not expect it to provide an in - person - experience. Having traveled from Australia three times for AirVenture since 2006 no amount of video will get close to the experience of being there.

I have no issue with someone leaving a high exposed area with valuable equipment with a storm coming in (they would be stupid not to) but I am watching this from Australia and have no idea of the weather. Perhaps a post on here soon after would have made everyone aware of the issue rather than nothing being said. Similar with the power brick failure of the Central camera a simple one line post on here would have told people the issue so they did not question their own equipment or post "it's not working for me comments".

In regards to the theater in the woods feed tonight I had sound but just a black screen. Checking from my end I could access and see the feeds from the other webcams working just fine but nothing from the theater in the woods camera so had no reason to believe that a problem existed my end. It would appear that others had the same experience.

This post is in no way meant to be critical of what is being provided as it is truly appreciated however if possible a simple one line post here would keep people informed if there is a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Hayden View Post
    it went dark because Tim the camera guy needed to get his $60K camera off the tower ring before the thunderstorm hit. And actually that same thunderstorm ended airshow early so you really didn't miss anything.
    $60K -- that would explain the excellent varying light capability, and the massive zoom capability.

Out of interest:

(1) Does the camera have any additional UV Filters filled, and a Polarizing filter.
    As Tim would apprecaite, when shooting the sky, this would help to produce a far better contrast betwen the sky, and the flying aircarft.
    (2) Is the same, high end camera used for the evening theater productions. ?

Geoff

It was great to watch Burt and crew last night. I really enjoyed it. I could not see the image (only heard sound) so I went to the other site I saw posted.

No airshow cam today? Bummer. Sound comes through though.

4pm update - IT's UP!
    Last edited by msting; 07-29-2011 at 03:00 PM.

How about we start a fundraiser to buy best equipment and fund a dedicated (video only) pgotographer...to do the airshow and possibly other stuff around the show all week so those who can't make it out there can still see it??? I'll be happy to contribute...trying to watch the Harrier today drove me crazy!!! Otherwise, we know the crew is doing the best they can with the equipment they have, but there is a better way to do this! Thanks

live feed

No live feed from Theater in the Woods :-(

Due to the shows that are scheduled tonight and Saturday night in the Theater in the Woods, we are legally unable to stream the programs.

That stinks.

Shocked

You mean to tell me that if you paid for the right to broadcast, you still could not have live feeds? I could only be in Oshkosh Monday through Wednesday this year. So, I thought I might see the programs I was going to miss. I would vote that you pay the fees and broadcast the shows next year.