Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just Aircraft-anyone else notice the trend?

Quote Originally Posted by jedi View Post
    Reference to crash number two: Landing with decreasing tail wind leads to balloon and go around. Climbing into increasing tail wind leads to controlled flight into trees. All makes sense to me. This is JUST the cost of extreme flying. Neat pun though.

Reference crash one: Engine can run with water in the fuel. Just doesn't run well enough to maintain flight. Did the statement say the engine quit? Too busy to go back and check.
    The pilot originally quoted engine failure. But with the fuel system engineered in the Super STOL, stating water in the fuel, is very unlikely. He'd had to have put in roughly 1/4 gallon of water to have any impact. But as mentioned earlier, the Rotax was spinning hard when the prop left the hub.

Um, I'm not the most experienced pilot in the world, but I seem to remember something about landing into the wind.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Giger View Post
    Um, I'm not the most experienced pilot in the world, but I seem to remember something about landing into the wind.
    Well, that's the difference between homebuilt pilots and spamcan pilots. Homebuilt pilots break ground and fly into the wind. Spamcan pilots do just the opposite. :-)

Ron Wanttaja