Thread: Zenith CH-601 Check-Lists

Happy Zenith CH-601 Check-Lists

Hi All. I own a Zenith CH-601 XL-B and am just about ready to do my Sport Pilot check-ride. I've never
    been able to find any decent check-lists that applied to my specific airframe / engine / panel setup, so...

Using a combination of the Zenith CH-601 POH and the Jabiru 3300 Engine Manual, I've put together a set
    of check-lists for my plane, that other people may find useful. Since I'm still very much a newbie at flying,
    theyhave a strong tutorial flavor to them (which I will find useful for some time to come).

The Zenith POH is based on a Continental O-200 engine and seems to assume all "steam" instruments. My
    plane is powered by a Jabiru 3300 engine and it's avionics are: Dynon D-180 EFIS, Garmin 296 GPS, Icom
    A-200 Radio and Garmin 320 Mode-C Transponder. The only "steam" instrument is a backup analog ASI.
    So, specifics such as engine speeds, temperature ranges/limits and startup/shut-down will obviously differ
    from the POH.

I'd appreciate it if some wiser, more experienced folks could take the time to review my check-lists and give
    me some constructive feed-back to improve on them. What have I gotten flat wrong, what did I miss entirely
    and what specific changes would you suggest? Thanks for your help! (Be gentle with me, I cry easily).
    Attached Files Attached Files

Banned
    I'd like to suggest a company called Checkmate which produces superb, comprehensive aircraft checklists for over 300 different aircraft models. I don't know if that includes experimental kit aircraft. They can be done as a hard copy in your hand type or you can download for an Ipad. I have my C182 Checkmate checklist on my Ipad. You can edit and make modifications to them as well and if you have more than 1 person owning or using the airplane you can also transfer the list to another Ipad for no additional charge. I am very pleased with the list and how it operates.

checkmateaviation.com

Thanks for the heads-up Floatsflyer. I checked it out, but couldn't find anything other than their "universal" list.
    Also couldn't find any specific info about anything I did try to scope-out - they wanted me to buy it first (can
    you say "No Way" kiddies).

Then I remembered I had a single-card 'plastic-fantastic' from somewhere. Dug it up and lo, it was a Checkmate
    list for the "AMD Zodiac" but it has three major strikes against it. The printing is so cramped and small as to be
    nearly unreadable by these 70+ year-old eyes, the list items are so abbreviated are next to worthless for me, and
    worst of all, the lists assume a different engine and equipment than mine.

The reason I put my check-lists together was I felt that I needed something exactly specific to my plane.
    Hopefully other folks will be able to copy and modify it for their own specific engine/equipment configuration.
    Last edited by greywood; 08-12-2015 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by greywood View Post
    The reason I put my check-lists together was I felt that I needed something exactly specific to my plane.
    Correct and don't be afraid to revise it as needed. Most people make a nice fancy laminated checklist and they are reluctant to revise it. Just use a sheet of paper and write on it when you notice something could be be better