Thread: Looking for Builders/Owners of Express 2000 Airplanes

Looking for Builders/Owners of Express 2000 Airplanes

HI All,

I am a new EAA member and am contemplating a first-time homebuilt project with a couple of friends. One of the planes we are considering is the Express 2000FT, currently manufactured by Composite Aircraft Technologies in Toledo, WA (formerly Wheeler Aircraft). We would be very interested in speaking with anyone who is currently building one, or has built one in the past. We are located in the SFO Bay Area and would be particularly interested in any projects in this area.

The other airplane that is a strong contender is the Revolution (formerly Team Tango) Foxtrot, manufactured in Williston, FL. Any builders of that airplane out there?

Thanks Very Much,

Curt Taylor

If 4 seats is your mission, you might want to take another look at the RV-10. The Express and the Foxtrot will cost every bit as much as the RV-10 to finish, but the RV will have a much higher resale and better builder support. Also, Van's factory isn't crazy far away for you...
    Last edited by Kyle Boatright; 08-05-2015 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Boatright View Post
    If 4 seats is your mission, you might want to take another look at the RV-10. The Express and the Foxtrot will cost every bit as much as the RV-10 to finish, but, but the RV will have a much higher resale and better builder support. Also, Van's factory isn't crazy far away for you...
    Thanks for the reply. we actually looked at the RV-10 but one of my partners is 6'8" and doesn't fit.

Very neat airplane. I do not know of any builders in my area, but wish you luck!