Thread: Breaking: No injuries, small plane hits power lines at Frederick MD field today

Breaking: No injuries, small plane hits power lines at Frederick MD field today

A small plane was taxiing at Frederick MD airport today and hit and severed power lines, knocking out power to 300 customers. Fortunately, there were no injuires. Stay safe

Banned
    Something is not right as you have described the details. Surely there are no power lines to come in contact with on taxiways?!?

"An estimated 300 Potomac Edison customers were left without power late Friday morning after a small taxiing airplane hit a guide wire supporting a nearby telephone pole."

A plane on the ground hit a guy wire supporting a utility pole, pole fell down or at least leaned enough to break or disconnect a wire, people lost power for a while, this is not a big deal.
    Matthew Long, Editor
    cluttonfred.info
    A site for builders, owners and fans of Eric Clutton's FRED
    and other safe, simple, affordable homebuilt aircraft

I have no new data. That was all the info I have. I just posted what the TV put out. Often the TV gives conflicting accounts. not a big deal.

There's some airplane parking on the grass behind the Frederick Flight Center. The power lines run down the backside of that area.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/30...e3507112134a11