Thread: 1972 Cessna 150 at $14,500.00 on CL eastern shore of MD. I like it!

1972 Cessna 150 at $14,500.00 on CL eastern shore of MD. I like it!

I cant do links. But on Craigslist there is a Cessna 150 which is soooo tempting. But of course, that is only the begining of the spending. If anyone is inclined to take a look see I would appreciate opnions on it. Maybe you buy it and take me for a ride? Thanks, Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Glider-Rider View Post
    But of course, that is only the begining of the spending.
    With 1980 since the last engine overhaul, that's a safe bet. I'd keep shopping unless the price drops below $12k

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by martymayes View Post
    With 1980 since the last engine overhaul, that's a safe bet.
    Not necessarily. 2000 hrs to overhaul isn't written in stone and therefore isn't always the case. Purchaser could get a few hundred hours extra on this engine subject to annuals "on condition".

IMO, seems to be a really good plane on paper as described. Negotiate on the final selling price and then do a pre-purchase agreement to get your mechanic to look it over in all respects.

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    Not necessarily. 2000 hrs to overhaul isn't written in stone and therefore isn't always the case. Purchaser could get a few hundred hours extra on this engine subject to annuals "on condition".
    Neither is 1800 hrs, TCM's recommended overhaul interval for this engine. Without knowing any history, I'd advise a buyer to have $10k in hand for overhaul if the engine gives up sooner rather than later. Or take the $14k asking price and the $10k reserve for o'haul and buy a really nice 150.

OTOH, $12k for the plane, put $10k in the engine and you'll have a nice plane without being upside down.

Exceeding TBO in a regularly flown and maintained trainer is certainly more than possible. The next question is 1980 hours over how many years?

Not saying it's not possible. Just to be prepared in the event the best possible outcome is not realized. Lots of questions, not a lot of answers.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    Exceeding TBO in a regularly flown and maintained trainer is certainly more than possible. The next question is 1980 hours over how many years?
    Ecactly.