Thread: Just want to say Thank You, EAA!

Just want to say Thank You, EAA!

This was my first airventure in a long time and my wife's and son's first ever. We were truly impressed with how well run every aspect of the show was. I for one, want to thank the EAA Staff and the countless volunteers who make it happen.

THANKYOU!

Daniel

I think I speak for everyone on staff and the best volunteers in the world when I say that we appreciate those kind words, Daniel!

I definitely heard some good compliments on the better portapotties and the stainless steel showers down at antique camping They remind me of what it must be like to shower on a submarine.

They stiil need a few more of the potties spread around, there are some large areas where there are none. Better a few in more places than just more units grouped together.
    Out in the world, regulations would require any restaurant to provide restrooms and it should be so at EAA also. But not the case. I ate at Thunderbay, which was serving a lot of food to may people and there was not portapotties near there. Now you can walk southeast to the flush toilets in the vendor building or all the way west to the fly market area, but a restaurant, even on an airport should have nearby facilities, like in back of the building.

With all the walking I think I lost weight there ,which I needed . And there are more interesting things to do than just stuff oneself with food.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 07-28-2015 at 09:15 AM.

I was not there this year, but I would like to say that I was completely impressed with the web guys on their responsiveness during the convention. I do not use the app, so I can not comment there but I can tell you that it seemed that most of the requests and issues were handled in quick fashion.
    Thanks to all of you!
    Rick

I echo Daniel's sentiments.

Zach, a personal thanks for helping me out Saturday morning with the Chapter Leader's Breakfast. I messed up the start time and arrived an hour early. It was great to have an EAA person there to help out.

Really enjoyed my first Oshkosh!
    Classic airplanes at historic Red Stewart Airfield, Waynesville, OH: http://s1075.beta.photobucket.com/us...ic%20Airplanes

Quote Originally Posted by wallda View Post
    We were truly impressed with how well run every aspect of the show was. I for one, want to thank the EAA Staff and the countless volunteers who make it happen.

Daniel
    Just wanted to echo this sentiment. Our family camped in the N40 all week and while it is definitely not our first Oshkosh (offhand I would say we've been to probably 12 or 13 of the last 15), it was one of our favorites. Partly due to factors outside anyone's control (weather, etc.) but definitely a big part was the way the show is run, all of the volunteers and staff, and of course the fellow members/attendees/campers. I think we all - myself included - tend to post negative comments, because we want to see things continue to improve. But Airventure is definitely a highlight of my family's year. My kids are already asking what I think will be there next year. So thanks to all for a great week!