Thread: North 40 bus

North 40 bus

I appreciate the buses running us around the North 40. I really do.

However, really people. If you need to get off at row 431 and we are stopped at row 429 just get off there. Why wait until you are at the exact row...

What I really think should be changed is there should be certain stops, like the trams do. None of this stopping and starting every couple rows... I could see 2 stops on each side not including the start and stop points of the firehouse and north 40 registration. Like maybe at the Hilton and Friar Tucks gate on the north side and the 2 shower buildings on the south. Or something like that.

I talked to the guy directing buses about it after the Saturday night show and he said they had to do it that way because that is how EAA wants them to do it and he would rather have set stops as well.

I just think it would be more efficient to have stops instead of starting and stopping every few feet.

I've never really had any problem with the frequent stops. It still beats walking.

Amusingly this year I've gotten two rides in golf carts while standing in the vicinity of the Hilton. The latter turned out to be Hal Shevers of Sporty's who went out of his way to take us to our ultimate destination.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    I've never really had any problem with the frequent stops. It still beats walking.

Amusingly this year I've gotten two rides in golf carts while standing in the vicinity of the Hilton. The latter turned out to be Hal Shevers of Sporty's who went out of his way to take us to our ultimate destination.
    You need a tee-shirt that says "I survived a golf cart ride with Hal Shevers". Anyone that has ridden with him for any length of time will get that (if you're reading this, Hal, it's with affection...).
    Anxiety is nature's way of telling you that you've already goofed up.