Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: 2015: Good and Bad

The CAP kids do the thankless jobs at Oshkosh. Always courteous (they were real appreciative when we told them they were free to use our water/gatorade jubs on the flight line).

Quote Originally Posted by skyfixer8 View Post
    Bill, I agree about the forum buildings. Kept wandering around looking for one and then realized where I stopped to rest was what I was looking for. I do have to ask though, tram colors are a pain? Never had trouble figuring them out. rode them everywhere.
    Bill L
    Sure, easy if you know about the flags mostly invisible on the back. To a newcomer, the trams all look blue.

I know the blue fringe is a confusion factor on trams, has been for years. Any EAA staffers on here want to bring this up at next meeting ?
    Bill L

A change I have suggested before is to put on the tram stop signs where the tram is going. That would obviate the need to worry what color the tram is. The trams all stop in discrete locations for where they are going.

Something like:

BOARD HERE FOR:
    Exhibit Buildings
    Transfer to Bus Tower
    Forums
    Warbirds
    North 40

and then on the other side of the street:

BOARD HERE FOR
    Vintage
    Ultralights
    Transfer to Seaplane Base

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Berson View Post
    Sure, easy if you know about the flags mostly invisible on the back. To a newcomer, the trams all look blue.
    With all green tractors!
    Bryan

Houston

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    A change I have suggested before is to put on the tram stop signs where the tram is going. That would obviate the need to worry what color the tram is. The trams all stop in discrete locations for where they are going.

Something like:

BOARD HERE FOR:
    Exhibit Buildings
    Transfer to Bus Tower
    Forums
    Warbirds
    North 40

and then on the other side of the street:

BOARD HERE FOR
    Vintage
    Ultralights
    Transfer to Seaplane Base
    Great idea and simple enough to do!

I don't know why EAA doesn't have just one main tram route, all the way from the North 40 to past the ultralights. It would eliminate the transfer at the Hangar Cafe and the waiting at the control tower, would be less confusing for attendees, and would require fewer volunteers since there wouldn't need to be volunteers trying to direct traffic at those locations. I would also suggest using trams instead of school busses to get to the museum and Pioneer Airport.

Quote Originally Posted by BeagleOne View Post
    I don't know why EAA doesn't have just one main tram route, all the way from the North 40 to past the ultralights. It would eliminate the transfer at the Hangar Cafe and the waiting at the control tower, would be less confusing for attendees, and would require fewer volunteers since there wouldn't need to be volunteers trying to direct traffic at those locations. I would also suggest using trams instead of school busses to get to the museum and Pioneer Airport.
    There's no change at the Tower stop anymore. They did away with that last year (last year was really messed up because the Thunderbirds mandated displacing the tram routes to the perimeter road where it passes through the Vintage area).

The school buses are used when there isn't the capacity (either physically or with volunteer coverage) to operate the trams. Adding bus coverage is just a matter of $$$.

As one of the initial complainers of the golf cart, scooter ,vehicles issue last year I just wanted to congratulate the staff on a job well done this year. I had no complaints or issues at all this year.Well done.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    There's no change at the Tower stop anymore.
    I didn't say there was. I said "the waiting at the control tower". This year there were volunteers at the tower stop with radios, apparently trying to keep the trams separated. The tram I was on sat there for ten minutes waiting to be cleared to continue north.