Thread: Is anyone getting Wi-Fi out here

Is anyone getting Wi-Fi out here

I have tried multiple phones, tablets, computers and have not been able to connect to the EAAWIFI or EAAWIFI2 for more than a couple of minutes. At first I thought it was just bad coverage in the north 40, but today walking around show center it still would not connect for more than a second. At least that was better than before where it wouldn't even connect at all.

Guess I will be paying for data overage on my cell this month!

I can't imagine I am the only one having this issue...

I have connected to both EAAWIFI and EAAWIFI2, but they were not connected to the Internet. I have had the same experience with iPhone iPad and MacBook Pro.
    -
    Mitch

That's the same experience I've had in Camp Scholler since I got here Wednesday evening. I can stay connected to EAAWIFI (or EAAWIFI2, or EAAWIFI6) fairly well, but after a few minutes my laptop tells me the connection is local access only. After going back to the logon page and clicking on "accept" 3 or 4 or 6 times I can get connecter for another few minutes. It's getting quite frustrating.

Dave

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    My experience has been the same except at the IAC building - please don't tell anyone.

I had good luck in a few spots last year. This year, no joy.

The IAC building was no good for me late arvo - went to the International Tent and got the internet quite well - just speak with a funny accent when you go in there.

Friday morning update: good network connection at the IAC building but abysmal internet. Just came to the International Visitors Tent - very good internet speed here.

Another test: Celebration Way Pavilion at lunchtime gets an excellent connection to the internet.

I had no problem getting WiFi every morning in HBC before 0600 for about 30 minutes. It wasn't worth wasting battery life trying to connect after 0700.

Early in the morning worked sometimes. Mostly I didn't even try. Thursday evening I was wondering about in Vintage and standing on the Nikon camera tower was a man holding up his iPad like an offering to the sky-gods. He explained that it was the only way he could get a WiFi link and he needed to update his Foreflight charts for the return flight home. (I wish I had take a picture!)

Home this evening. Great weather throughout the week and a 20 knot tailwind home to Virginia!
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com