Page 108 of 109 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109 LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1083

Thread: Building a Nieuport 11...

Like an old acquaintance now. I can root for your sequence of fulfillments!

Excellent and inspirational video and much appreciated.

Thanks for the kind words! I'm playing catch up with videos, working on the gear and tail wheel right now.

The present is a lot of "Well, I need to do this, but before that I have to do that, which means I need to do the other thing first..." which normally isn't a big deal, but is infuriating right now. The fuselage is darned near done! Except for the wiring, running fuel lines after mounting the fuel tank, and the top and side sheeting at the front of the fuselage.

Well, I can't run the fuel lines until the tank is mounted, and I can't mount the fuel tank until the top sheeting is done, but I can't do the top sheeting until the cabanes for the upper wings are re-made and mounted. Oh, and I can't do the wiring, either, until the fuel tank is mounted and out of the way.

So this last weekend I worked on the rear cabane, got it all jigged up and then took it apart so I could paint it. Lesson learned: painting the pieces before assembly and maybe doing some touch-up is easier than afterwards.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

" The present is a lot of "Well, I need to do this, but before that I have to do that, which means I need to do the other thing first..." "

Or another way to put it is:

"You have to do it all before you can do any of it."

I'm quite familiar with this predicament.
    Last edited by Saville; 08-20-2021 at 05:55 AM.

The forward top sheeting was done just before I went on vacation, so now I can proceed with the rest.

Temperatures are starting to dip below 90, so I can get some real work done without completely wilting.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Giger View Post
    The forward top sheeting was done just before I went on vacation, so now I can proceed with the rest.

Temperatures are starting to dip below 90, so I can get some real work done without completely wilting.

You've accomplished a great deal even with the scorching heat.

Happy Holidays to you Frank. Hope you and yours are well.

Let us know how you are getting along, when you have the time.

Thank you! Best wishes for you and your family as well!

Here's the gear going on...

And the start of making the cover that goes over the cockpit:

New PC, so I was slowed down even further in making videos.

Sometimes using the wrong tool is the right thing....

A couple more videos:

First, a very short one about the turtledeck:

And second, something I've been kicking around in my head for awhile:

The latter is kind of neato, if I may say so myself. I was pretty pleased with how it came out.