Today was a big work day, though there isn't much to show for it at the end.

First, Camlocks are in on the cowl:

A few little notes are in order. That's aluminum tape around the back edge to cover the rivet holes from when there was an extension and to help prevent scratching the cabanes and cheeks when putting it on. It'll be invisible after painting.

Then on to baffling!

I've worked out two thirds of the baffling, namely the left and right sides of it, using poster board. Time to put some of that cutting to the test with some sheet metal:

I freely stole from the KC Dawn Patrol page on the subject, modifying to suit.

There's a bolt hole on the far left (as you look at it) that will secure it at that point. It's intentionally wide so I can trim to fit the cowl to it for a good seal.

There will be a scoop of sorts that goes on the bottom of this down the cylinder like in the KCDP.

Here's a pic of the side:

I did this in two sections because it was just sooooo much easier that way. There are two bolt holes on the engine case a little in from where the nuts are showing to either side of the intakes.

Where I'm dipped is how to seal up behind the engine. Maybe a three sided box around the engine mounts? Or just run strips of aluminum tape on the offsets.

Also note that I worked until the sun went down on this, so the photography isn't the best.