Page 106 of 109 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1083

Thread: Building a Nieuport 11...

Four layers of quarter inch three ply.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

For what it’s worth,
    Wooden steering wheels were banned from cars because when they break on impact they become a collection of dangerous looking spears...
    Happy to continue reading this never ending story, has given me a lot of info for my N11 build,
    completed recently,waiting FAA approval.... after 4yrs...

thanks Frank

I enjoy reading Frank's entries here and his videos and look for new ones often.

Whenever I have a crummy job to do on the plane I remind myself that after all that work and the crash, Frank did not whine or moan.

He just got right back to work building another.

Quote Originally Posted by jdanneel View Post
    For what it’s worth,
    Wooden steering wheels were banned from cars because when they break on impact they become a collection of dangerous looking spears...
    Happy to continue reading this never ending story, has given me a lot of info for my N11 build,
    completed recently,waiting FAA approval.... after 4yrs...

thanks Frank
    Hurray!
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

While I saw away at editing down the fuselage build, I figured I'd pop out a quick video on repairing the turtle deck stringers.

Since all the stringers do is hold fabric, I can get away with a wooden dowel splice - otherwise it would be a bit of metal tubing and some rivets.

Also, the website and photos should be coming back online soon. There was a billing error and they thought I was in arrears.

Great video! And you know that the product you endorsed is good because it has un-pronounceable ingredients. My N11 is in rig (after a month of trauma in my back yard frame.) Since getting it back into the basement, I've been working on the seat and am about to start, ironically, the turtle deck...which also, ironically, I have to put a splice in. Looking forward to the next video!

It's actually great news that it took you forever to rig your Noop!

I spent a huge amount of time doing the same - about six weeks, so you're faster - but it was completely worth it. Nothing like flying hands off the stick and having it go straight and level!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Giger View Post

Also, the website and photos should be coming back online soon. There was a billing error and they thought I was in arrears.

What's the URL for your web site?
    Last edited by Saville; 02-07-2021 at 07:35 AM.

Website is toast.

Gonna have to start back from scratch on it...sigh.

Frank, there's a chance it was archived. If that is the case, it might permit a faster resurrection. https://archive.org/web/