Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 AirVenture Webcams - Please use this thread for the 2015 Webcams

Thanks Paul,

I was well aware that reason number 2 could quite possibly hinder if not prevent live streaming. But, reason number 1 hadn't even entered my mind. But I am really wondering if that applies to this. If live streaming is a no-no, than what about all the photos everybody takes of virtually everything during AirVenture. Then add to that all the video people take of various things. I would think the key here would be if anything was done with intent to sell it, whether it be photos, video, or live streaming. In other words, if live streaming is not to be done, they why would video or photos be allowed?

Russ Zimmerman
    EAA Member #292524
    "Thanks Paul"

I'm thinking that the policies haven't kept up with technology. Of course EAA doesn't want someone coming in and making some critical comments for commercial gain.
    It would be pretty intersting there if they forgot to put restrictions on drones.

I have tried to use these webcams on 2 different computers, home and airport and none of them come through. This time it says something about " player error".
    Are these thing working ? Do you need to be a computer wizard or can normal ? people see them?
    Is it like the Emperors clothes?

Bill,

Not being able to actually see what's going on with your computers, it's difficult to attempt to diagnose whatever the problem might be. Having said that, I can only suggest to make sure that all your stuff is up to date. By "stuff", I mean operating system, browsers, players, flash, etc., etc. I'd be willing to guess that 9 times out of ten, the reason some video won't play on somebody's computer is that some or all of their "stuff" is out of date.

I know that doesn't help much, but if you know somebody that is a bit of a computer geek, maybe you can get them to take a look at your "stuff".

Russ Zimmerman
    EAA Member #292524
    "Thanks Paul"

Can I just say, vast vast improvement of the roaming webcam around the grounds this year. I'd be very interested in knowing what the equipment and communications setup is for that cam as it is working extremely well and providing a much enhanced viewing experience. Also, who is manning the cam? Would be nice to be able to give a thumbs up to them.

Russ Zimmerman
    EAA Member #292524
    "Thanks Paul"

Quote Originally Posted by spongebobiwan View Post
    Can I just say, vast vast improvement of the roaming webcam around the grounds this year. I'd be very interested in knowing what the equipment and communications setup is for that cam as it is working extremely well and providing a much enhanced viewing experience. Also, who is manning the cam? Would be nice to be able to give a thumbs up to them.
    The people providing the random feeds around the grounds are Steve and Michael Wylie, Paul and myself. Steve and Michael are using a Professional HD camera and are encoding the feed on the fly using a VidiU encoder. For the roaming video data connections, we are using both ATT and Sprint hotspots. We are finding that is working pretty well so far; however there are times that the stream does drop out because of the quality of cell service and the number of people that are here. It will be interesting to see how well this works when the large crowds arrive.

Todd

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    At the furthest north look of the Warbird cam program tour.
    The camera shoots up to blue sky.
    It stays there briefly, then rotates back east.
    Is there away to get it, to continue to look west a little bit more, to view North 40 airplane parking camping.
    Or is it at its max degree rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongway Feldman View Post
    At the furthest north look of the Warbird cam program tour.
    The camera shoots up to blue sky.
    It stays there briefly, then rotates back east.
    Is there away to get it, to continue to look west a little bit more, to view North 40 airplane parking camping.
    Or is it at its max degree rotation.
    We will check the setting and see, We had been pretty close to the limits of what the camera can see without just looking at the tower.

Todd

I'm very disappointed with the ultralight webcam. It dwells for minutes on three locations and speeds between them. About half of each dwell is empty sky. The folks back home always before enjoyed finding our parked plane with my directions from here on the ground. With the present setup, that's impossible. I really don't understand the reason for the change from a slow pan in each direction showing mostly stuff on the ground.

Mike E

The Around The Grounds videos of the runway 27 arrivals are just awesome!!! Thanks so much, you guys!!!

Jim