Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 AirVenture Webcams - Please use this thread for the 2015 Webcams

Quote Originally Posted by BrianPlas View Post
    Great job guys and thanks. Any chance of getting vintage cam to swing a bit further to the north????
    There is a stop that is programmed into the vintage cam that looks directly north. In that view you can see the top of the tower it is mounted on. For the vintage camera, the camera has numerous tour stops that are programmed into it and the camera randomly chooses the route it wants to take between the stops. The other two cameras, we manually create the camera stops and the order to view the stops.

Todd

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Hayden View Post
    we had a good sized storm blow through the area early this morning and haven't been able to connect to the Ultralight runway camera. The mighty Hal was dispatched to survey the issue and its looking like we have a failed GFCI. We are waiting on on site electricians to replace it...hopefully that's the only issue with the setup.
    The South Camera is back online.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Ritzman View Post
    There is a stop that is programmed into the vintage cam that looks directly north. In that view you can see the top of the tower it is mounted on. For the vintage camera, the camera has numerous tour stops that are programmed into it and the camera randomly chooses the route it wants to take between the stops. The other two cameras, we manually create the camera stops and the order to view the stops.

Todd
    I now see what your saying,Todd it does swing north but when it's zoomed in you have the Honda tent but not much east of it but when not zoomed it showes what I was asking for. Thanks
    Now, on that ultralight cam could you zoom in on the southeast corner of Paul's park to see if I'm there because it almost feels like I am. . Thanks again

A little "trick" I use to enable me to get to the cams quicker without having to go to the forum first, is to copy and paste the link onto my desktop. Another way is to merely drag it to your desktop. You can remove it after AirVenture is over, but during the convention it's a quick and easy way to get to the cams first thing in the morning or whenever you want to, by simply clicking on the link you've put on your desktop. For those that already know this and consider this useless information, it was intended to be passed on to those that may not.

http://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/eaa...enture-webcams

Russ Zimmerman
    EAA Member #292524
    "Thanks Paul"

ooh, a Stearman!

Todd,

Has there been any discussion this year by your team or any other team whose expertise this would fall under, about doing live random broadcasts using one of the live streaming apps that recently became available? I am referring to the apps Periscope and Merkat. Periscope seems much more advanced and therefore popular. Depending on what level of cellphone signal is at various locations on site, someone could provide random live broadcasts with really no financial investment to speak of, other than possession of an iPhone or Android phone. I know that some live streaming was attempted last year (possibly the year before but I forget) by someone, but it wasn't using Periscope or Merkat. So, I'm just guessing the technology has now improved with these current apps to the point that this might be more possible to do and with better results than in the past.

The nice thing about these apps now readily available is that ANYBODY can become a live broadcaster of just about anything. Again, I realize fully that this depends totally on available cellphone signal strength. But if that is good enough, every single attendee of AirVenture with either an iPhone or Android device could become a live broadcaster of anything going on at AirVenture, i.e. Warbirds in Review, Forums, etc., etc.

I'm just wanting to put this out there in the discussion arena, so that not only your team or other volunteer teams are aware of this, but virtually any AirVenture attendee is aware of this. Hopefully we will have an infinite number (well, not quite) of ongoing live streaming broadcasts coming out of this year's event. It would be helpful for those planning on attempting some live broadcasts using one of these apps, to use some sort of keywords that could be easily searched and instantly recognizable, for example "EAA", "AirVenture", "Oshkosh". If one or more of those keywords were used in the broadcast name, it would be much easier for those looking for live broadcast to be found. In addition to that, a short description of the event could be given. An example might look something like this: "2015 AirVenture EAA Oshkosh Warbirds in Review Boeing B-17", or "AirVenture Warbird Alley F-100".

I cannot attend this year due to health concerns and would love to be able to watch some live streaming of Warbird in Review sessions. Oh, and by the way, did I mention that these broadcasts can also be saved so that people can view them for a a period of time after the live stream. I think it's a couple of days or so. Perhaps anybody that plans on attempting any live broadcasting, or anybody who actually does, could post the information here to notify the community.

Anybody?

Hint: If you have a Twitter account and are going to try broadcasting anything from AirVenture using Periscope, send that information out in a Tweet and people will be able to watch your broadcast from their PC's or Macs as well. Just Tweet out something to the effect of: "Live Periscope broadcast of (fill in the blank) from AirVenture".
    Last edited by spongebobiwan; 07-17-2015 at 07:22 AM.

Russ Zimmerman
    EAA Member #292524
    "Thanks Paul"

Russ, you will be able to watch a live stream of the Warbirds in Review at the following address.

http://www.warbirdsnews.com/live

Bear,

That is fantastic. Thanks so much for sharing that link. I was totally unaware of this.

Russ Zimmerman
    EAA Member #292524
    "Thanks Paul"

Is there something wrong with the center (Vintage area) camera? Seems like it's not panning across a very wide area.

I think there's a couple reasons why live streaming wouldn't work.
    First is the EAA policies on use of the pictures and descriptions of what goes on at the event.

http://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/abo...d-video-policy

http://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/abo...reaming-policy

Second is that with the limited data available on the grounds, the viewers will be seeing the spinning wheel most of the time.