Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: 2015 AirVenture Webcams - Please use this thread for the 2015 Webcams

You guys nailed it today. Everything here worked great!
    Thanks!

Hi Todd..

Thank you for the great work you and your team are doing this year..

I know how busy you must be but I would like to ask for a reply to my question about changing the mix of the live airshow feed. Can you please turn down the music and turn up the airshow sounds ? The music this year is overwhelming.. It really cuts down on the enjoyment of watching the great camera work. I know this can be done. At the end of the fireworks show the sound mix was much better, we could still hear the announcer perfectly but nicely mixed with the crowd cheering for the big fire explosions.

Looking forward to your reply..

Thank you..

Really enjoying watching the powered parachute guys this morning!!! Can it get any better than that?? Thanks, guys!

Jim

Guys,
    I am absolutely LOVING the 'Around The Grounds' webcam. What a fantastic idea! MORE! MORE! MORE!
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by iflyatiger View Post
    Hi Todd..

Thank you for the great work you and your team are doing this year..

I know how busy you must be but I would like to ask for a reply to my question about changing the mix of the live airshow feed. Can you please turn down the music and turn up the airshow sounds ? The music this year is overwhelming.. It really cuts down on the enjoyment of watching the great camera work. I know this can be done. At the end of the fireworks show the sound mix was much better, we could still hear the announcer perfectly but nicely mixed with the crowd cheering for the big fire explosions.

Looking forward to your reply..

Thank you..
    The audio that is provided for the airshow feed is provided via EAA Radio, which gets the feed directly from the audio that is sent out to all the speakers along the flight line. Neither EAA Radio or the webcam crew has any ability to change the mix of the mics or the other audio from the airshow that is mixed into the feed.

We will put it on the list for future year, however it will take a lot of changes of how and where we can get both the video and audio feeds from.

Todd

air show up live in a few. Today's schedule..

Wright Model B; Vintage Review (Stinsons and Howards); Battle of Britain's 75th anniversary and 70th anniversary of Victory in Europe featuring B-17 bombers, a variety of fighter and transport aircraft, and a Lancaster bomber; Jeff Boerboon (Sasquatch); Kirby Chambliss (Edge 540); Melissa Pemberton/Skip Stewart & Extreme PDT; Pitts Anniversary featuring Sammy Mason (Pitts S-1S) and Sean D. Tucker (Oracle Challenger III); Team Redline; Jim Peitz (Beech F-33C Bonanza); The 4ce (formation aerobatics); Matt Younkin (Twin Beech); USMC AV-8B Harrier II demo team; Greg Koontz/Alabama Boys (Piper J-3 Cub); final round of the Valdez STOL competition

Quote Originally Posted by MEdwards View Post
    I'm very disappointed with the ultralight webcam. It dwells for minutes on three locations and speeds between them. About half of each dwell is empty sky. The folks back home always before enjoyed finding our parked plane with my directions from here on the ground. With the present setup, that's impossible. I really don't understand the reason for the change from a slow pan in each direction showing mostly stuff on the ground.
    Ultralight webcam panning route improved. Still doesn't show my airplane near the Ultralight tower in Vintage, but that's life. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Ritzman View Post
    The audio that is provided for the airshow feed is provided via EAA Radio, which gets the feed directly from the audio that is sent out to all the speakers along the flight line. Neither EAA Radio or the webcam crew has any ability to change the mix of the mics or the other audio from the airshow that is mixed into the feed.

We will put it on the list for future year, however it will take a lot of changes of how and where we can get both the video and audio feeds from.

Todd
    I'll pass the complaint along.

Thanks for the answer Todd.. With your description I can understand why it seems so different to me as a webcam viewer. If you are watching from the airshow line the announcers and music audio coming from the speakers is naturally blended with aircraft and background sounds, at home we are only getting the speaker sounds ( as if we are wearing headphones with the announcer and music only) By the way a lot of yesterdays show and especially the warbirds sounded great, the announcer had the mike open to background (airplane) noise and it sounded much more natural.

Again.. No complaints just suggestions.. Thanks again for the great job you guys are doing..

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Ritzman View Post

Todd

Is the music sounding better today?