Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: 2015 AirVenture Webcams - Please use this thread for the 2015 Webcams

Yes! and no.. The AeroShell team show was much better.. A good mix of music (lower than other times), announcer, and background.. The Jet Waco just now was all music and announcer, the only time you heard the airplane was when the announcer left his mic open for a few seconds here and there.

Speaking purely as a hobbyist/rookie.. If you could hook a mic up to another input channel, leave it open to the airshow sounds and just mix it in a little that would probably make it perfect. Maybe you can inject that mic after the feed from the announcers/music and before it goes to the webcam equipment?

Either way it is great to be able to watch this from halfway across the country! I appreciate it ! Thanks again..

PS.. It might be related to who is announcing the act..?

The guy announcing right now as the F-22 is getting ready has the music so loud that it almost overpowers the announcer. I think he might be the same announcer that also did the screamin sasquatch.
    Thanks and take care..

I feel like we have answered his question dozens of times this week. Because of all sorts of factors, including but not limited too, location, permissions, telecom infrastructure it's not as easy as pointing a mic at the runway. If it was, we surely would have done it already. As Todd indicated, we are looking for a solution to get engine noises. It will require redoing out entire audio and video infrastructure and budet approval from EAA, but we will do our best to find a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by iflyatiger View Post
    Yes! and no.. The AeroShell team show was much better.. A good mix of music (lower than other times), announcer, and background.. The Jet Waco just now was all music and announcer, the only time you heard the airplane was when the announcer left his mic open for a few seconds here and there.

Speaking purely as a hobbyist/rookie.. If you could hook a mic up to another input channel, leave it open to the airshow sounds and just mix it in a little that would probably make it perfect. Maybe you can inject that mic after the feed from the announcers/music and before it goes to the webcam equipment?

Either way it is great to be able to watch this from halfway across the country! I appreciate it ! Thanks again..

Hey Paul.. The only reason I posted again after the answer by Todd was to answer the question by McGyver copied below!
    It sure seemed like I was being asked and it also seemed like it was being asked by a member of your team.. I also made sure that I showed that I was appreciative of what you guys do ,I don't know how I could have made that any more clear.
    Thanks again.. Speak to you next year..

• Today, 05:19 PM
      McGyver
      Is the music sounding better today?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Hayden View Post
    I feel like we have answered his question dozens of times this week. Because of all sorts of factors, including but not limited too, location, permissions, telecom infrastructure it's not as easy as pointing a mic at the runway. If it was, we surely would have done it already. As Todd indicated, we are looking for a solution to get engine noises. It will require redoing out entire audio and video infrastructure and budet approval from EAA, but we will do our best to find a solution.

no worries, I'm just getting a bit tired so sorry if that sounded a little harsh that wasn't my intent. Its just frustrating for us when we want to deliver and meet everybody's expectations but just can't. McGyver is a member of the Communications Center staff, a separate department but the one where all sources of audio originate. He and the other comm center guys we have been talking to this week will be helping try to come up with a solution for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by iflyatiger View Post
    Hey Paul.. The only reason I posted again after the answer by Todd was to answer the question by McGyver copied below!
    It sure seemed like I was being asked and it also seemed like it was being asked by a member of your team.. I also made sure that I showed that I was appreciative of what you guys do ,I don't know how I could have made that any more clear.
    Thanks again.. Speak to you next year..

• Today, 05:19 PM
      McGyver
      Is the music sounding better today?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Hayden View Post
    no worries, I'm just getting a bit tired so sorry if that sounded a little harsh that wasn't my intent. Its just frustrating for us when we want to deliver and meet everybody's expectations but just can't. McGyver is a member of the Communications Center staff, a separate department but the one where all sources of audio originate. He and the other comm center guys we have been talking to this week will be helping try to come up with a solution for next year.
    And just to add a little more... The Main PA feed is meant for the primary show audience, those who are on-site and viewing the show live. It was never meant to include any of the ambient noises like engines, Harriers or Earth-shattering Ka-BOOMs from Pyro! EAA Radio picks this feed up for broadcasting and they USED to have a live mic back when they were originating from the OLD Com Center, near the Brown Arch.... That area USED to be show center back in the day when the show (AND Rwy 18 / 36) was much smaller! Two years ago, EAA Radio was moved to their present location, a bit further North and receives the main PA audio feed over a private telecom network that the Com Center "Green Gang" established and installed many years ago. It is also how we are able to get the sound from Theatre in the Woods to EAA Radio. All of this and more was installed long before there was internet available on the grounds... It's older tech but it STILL WORKS! I describe this to give you all an idea of what all we have available inn our bag of tricks in order to provide our audiences with the best experience we can provide. And, this is just the tip of the iceberg, Folks! For those of you who have never actually been to Airventure, you have NO IDEA just how big this is and how much collaborative effort it takes to make it all work... it is sometimes mind boggling to even seasoned veterans like myself (over 20 years at the Com center) just how we are able to bring this event together every year! And we are constantly making efforts to expand and improve on everything. Every morning throughout the event we have an early briefing to evaluate the previous day's activities and go over the schedule for that day. Each faction involved in Airventure (and there are SO MANY!) sends a representative to this briefing and we ALL take turns reporting any issues and can sidebar afterwards to work out any problems we might have. As I said, a LOT goes into this event including plans for the following year(s) to come. So, enjoy what we are delivering to you so far... PLEASE keep the feedback, comments, requests coming... but bear in mind that we can't always provide an immediate solution. And THANK YOU ALL for participating in the Forums and for being EAA Members! Hope to be seeing you at future Airventures!

Respectfully, Larry "McGyver" Mackowiak, AKA "Green 5"

We know that there was a lot of interest in seeing the Burt Rutan presentation on Tuesday July 21st, but unfortunately, we were having internet connection issues and did not provide a good stream. Due to this, we beg, pleaded and gave away the first born and managed to get a better copy of the program, however, the theater video crew was also having issues as well and was not able to capture the mixed feed. So what I am able to provide is a single camera view with an open mic. You will notice that the video quality is much better, this is because it was not streamed live and was uploaded as a individual file (which took 2 days to upload). Hope those of you that were interested enjoy what we were able to get. Follow the link below to the Theater in the Woods Feed page where you can select the Burt Rutan program as well as view the rest of the theater programs as well.

https://livestream.com/accounts/4758466/events/4182682

Todd

Hal, Paul,Todd and everyone else who's names I do not know. THANK YOU!!!!

Is it wrong to be sad that the last radio broadcast from OSH just ended? Lol

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!

Thumbs Up B52 Stratofortress Launch

Name:  B52 AV 2015 1.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  57.5 KB

Name:  B52 AV 2015 2.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  51.9 KB

Name:  B52 AV 2015 4.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  85.6 KB

Name:  B52 AV 2015 5.jpg
Views: 340