Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 AirVenture Webcams - Please use this thread for the 2015 Webcams

Hal, I want to be sure I emphasize my comments weren't directed toward you. As I wrote: "I know you're just the messenger" - I should have emphasized that. I've been following your posts for years and truly appreciate all you do; both for EAA and for us Great Unwashed members. Enjoy the week - as best you can. Wish I were there with you.

Dave
    Last edited by Sirota; 07-20-2015 at 09:54 PM.

+1

Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I am not really hearing much of any kind of announcing on the live.eaa feed. I'm listening to EAA Radio for the announcing.

Russ Zimmerman
    EAA Member #292524
    "Thanks Paul"

LOL. Well, no sooner did I submit my last post, apparently a regularly scheduled program came on EAA Radio and I am no longer hearing the airshow announcing.

Kindly disregard my previous post.

Russ Zimmerman
    EAA Member #292524
    "Thanks Paul"

I applaud the idea and presentation of the new premium service... but, while I realize this is a beta test and there are costs associated with putting on a new service but I would echo the sentiments of some of the others. I'm a bit disappointed and feel like I wasted $$ daily fee for access.

Had to cobble together two streams to get the announcer.
    while the video quality was quite good, the stream constantly paused every few seconds.

It seems this service is not quite ready for prime time.
    Keep up the hard work. I'm sure it will get better, but I doubt I'll part with any more $$
    Randy

For tech reference I'm using:
    Google Chrome 43.0.2357.134 (Official Build) m (32-bit)
    Revision 8f3081cb09276898e725262e5ca6ec7746757188-refs/branch-heads/2357@{#499}
    OS Windows
    Blink 537.36 (@198523)
    JavaScript V8 4.3.61.38
    Flash 18.0.0.209

Quote Originally Posted by Zojirushi View Post
    I applaud the idea and presentation of the new premium service... but, while I realize this is a beta test and there are costs associated with putting on a new service but I would echo the sentiments of some of the others. I'm a bit disappointed and feel like I wasted $$ daily fee for access.

Had to cobble together two streams to get the announcer.
    while the video quality was quite good, the stream constantly paused every few seconds.

It seems this service is not quite ready for prime time.
    Keep up the hard work. I'm sure it will get better, but I doubt I'll part with any more $$
    Randy

For tech reference I'm using:
    Google Chrome 43.0.2357.134 (Official Build) m (32-bit)
    Revision 8f3081cb09276898e725262e5ca6ec7746757188-refs/branch-heads/2357@{#499}
    OS Windows
    Blink 537.36 (@198523)
    JavaScript V8 4.3.61.38
    Flash 18.0.0.209

Guys and Gals,
    I had a VERY similar experience.
    Rick

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Hey everybody - we heard the feedback loud and clear! The control tower videographer cam is back and will be freely accessible during the air shows here:

http://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/eaa...enture-webcams

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Quote Originally Posted by spongebobiwan View Post
    LOL. Well, no sooner did I submit my last post, apparently a regularly scheduled program came on EAA Radio and I am no longer hearing the airshow announcing.

Kindly disregard my previous post.
    EAA Radio carries the daily airshow from 2:30pm to 6:00pm, or the end of the show. We do air our own program "Traffic Jam" to bridge the gap between the airshow and our coverage of Theater In The Woods. We never cut the airshow announcers short. I see your post was at 6:04pm, after the end of the airshow.

Thanks!
    Jim Gray
    Station Manager - EAA Radio
    http://eaaradio.net

Jim, I think the last post was referencing the premium airshow coverage not being able to hear the announcing on that feed. The stream now again being provided by the volunteer staff overlays EAA radio on the stream so we can hear the announcing without a delay.

oh, and we even support Android devices
    Last edited by Paul Hayden; 07-21-2015 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Bryan View Post
    Hey everybody - we heard the feedback loud and clear! The control tower videographer cam is back and will be freely accessible during the air shows here:

http://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/eaa...enture-webcams
    I don't suppose you addressed those of us who spent money on the "Premium" service? Not a big deal you have bigger fish to fry( sorry I meant cheese curds ).
    Thanks for doing that for all of us
    Rick