Thread: Bus hours before show?

Bus hours before show?

I am trying to figure out how to get from the Museum to N40 late Sunday night the 19th (opening weekend). In the past, I thought that I did not remember the museum bus running before Monday, and certainly don't remember it running late into the night before opening Monday.

I see on this page: http://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/pla.../shuttle-buses

that it says buses run until 11:30pm "daily" -- can anyone tell me if this includes the Sunday before the show? It would be great if it did but I just don't remember it working that way in the past (though certainly I may have just not noticed it in prior years, since I didn't need to use it!)

Thanks!
    Steve
    Last edited by slin; 07-09-2015 at 11:06 AM. Reason: fix typo

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    BUSES & SHUTTLES
    Buses circulate throughout Camp Scholler on Saturday,
    July 18, through Saturday, July 25, from 6:15 a.m. to
    midnight and on Sunday, July 26, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.

Shuttles to off-site locations are available at the West Camp
    Store (corner of Stits Road and Schaick Avenue in Camp
    Scholler), at the North 40 near the Hilton Gate, and at the Bus
    Park on the AirVenture grounds (north of the Main Gate, near
    Waukau Avenue).
    Check grounds map for Bus Park

It does not say how to get from the Museum to N40.
    You might have to take a bus from Museum to the Bus park, then take a bus to the N40.

Also here is a link to local Oshkosh bus service pdf that picks up at the Bus Park and swings past N40.
    But it looks like it only runs till 7:00 pm Sun. the 19th.
    The B in the square box on the map is the location of the Bus Park.

Source:
    Camping Guide pdf

Bus Park Tower (bus/taxi/limo info) phone number, page 2
    BUSES & SHUTTLES page 3

I don't believe there is ever any direct shuttle between the Museum and the North 40, even when the show is in operation. There's a school bus from the Musuem to the bus tower and there you can tram/bus to the North 40 registration area and then school bus it through the north 40.

Depending where you're going in the North 40, it's almost guaranteed to be FASTER to walk it than to take any bus/shuttle. The musuem to the end of 9/27 is only about a half a mile. Just walk up the highway 41 frontage road.

Thanks Ron & "Wrongway" - I am already familiar with the bus park and the fact that it requires taking a bus from the museum to the bus park, then a short walk (through warbirds, along the red tram route), then either taking the N40 bus or walking to your campsite. And I remember from past years that the N40 bus does run prior to Monday, if our campsite is far enough to make it worthwhile.

I guess my question is just whether the museum bus (from museum to bus park) runs into the night hours prior to the start of the show (i.e. on Sunday) or not. It's not a huge deal either way, I was just trying to pre-plan and wasn't clear. And honestly am still not clear based on the information you posted, since the dates for the bus in Wrongway's post only apply to the camp scholler bus - though I appreciate it regardless!

I could swear the north 40 internal bus (the one that just runs back and forth between registration and the terminal) ran early. The problem is the trams and the "night bus" that run through the show probably don't start that early.

Again, go to google maps and look at the placement of the museum and the North 40. I'm pretty sure there's a (people) gate in the vicinity of the end of the runway (there's definitely one at Friar tucks)...the airport got tired of people trampling the fence to get out of the north 40 and finally relented.